cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Priority Mail Problems

All my eBay purchases that have been shipped USPS priority mail since November have taken 7 days to be delivered, except one package that took 6 days. I now know why. The post office contract with Amazon to deliver their packages now means other people who ship USPS priority mail are left of the plane, bus, or whatever, if necessary in order to please Amazon. This ain’t right. I pay a premium for priority mail, and do not expect to have my packages sit in a postal facility for 5 days because I choose to purchase off eBay instead of Amazon. This amounts to picking winners and losers. It also penalizes those who do not purchase from Amazon with slow and thus overpriced shipping. Does eBay management know this?The USPS is not hiding this, they freely admit Amazon comes first because of their contract.

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Re: Priority Mail Problems

For me, this has been one of the worst USPS shipping seasons I ever had. Throw Amazon, Fedex and UPS all into the "partnerships" with the USPS and it turned into a mess. I am going to go thru all my packages that shipped USPS Priority (of which I do label all packages, on all 4 sides and the tops with Priority stickers) and ask for credit on anything that did not make it in time. Of course there is one left that was shipped on Dec 22 that now I have to file a claim for as it never showed delivered but the last scan said it was out for delivery. I am with you on this molechess!
Message 16 of 25
latest reply

As a buyer I am waiting on a $200 perishable delivery that was sent Priority Mail on December 28th from Florida and tracking just stopped scanning on Jan. 2nd. Now its Jan 10 and still no frikking order! Calling USPS is hopeless.  Im not waiting 2 hours on the **bleep** phone. Tracking is a joke! Not buying on Ebay anymore.

Message 17 of 25
latest reply

Exactly.

Message 18 of 25
latest reply

Thank you. I hope PM goes back to being what it was for me the last 15-20 years. 

Message 19 of 25
latest reply

What credit? I am not aware of an guarantee or credits regarding PM? Thanks for you interest.

Message 20 of 25
latest reply

@molechess wrote:

What credit? I am not aware of an guarantee or credits regarding PM? Thanks for you interest.

There aren't any credits for priority mail postage if a package is does not arrive in the estimated delivery time.

Only Express Mail has guaranteed delivery dates whereby the sender can get a refund of the postage if the package is not delivered by the guaranteed time.

Message 21 of 25
latest reply

USPS has marked "Return to Sender" on a package I sent to MA from CA.  They claim it was sent in the "wrong envelope", and therefore had too little postage.  BUT, they carried it from CA to MA in two days and it showed "Out ofr Delivery", prior to the "Return".  Tell me why they didn't just keep it in CA and return it to me?  And why it has taken more thatn 12 days since it was "Out for Delivery", and it has not been returned to me?  I packaged it according to eBay standards and paid the eBay requested postage; but that must have been incorrect somewhere.  I will certainly not TRUST the USPS Priority Mail Service in the future.  Over 400 packages set by me through the USPS, and this one has killed my trust in them for the future.  Too bad eBay, it was a great system, now it's broken.

Message 22 of 25
latest reply

@tjc4t9 wrote:

USPS has marked "Return to Sender" on a package I sent to MA from CA.  They claim it was sent in the "wrong envelope", and therefore had too little postage. 

Did you use a Priority Flat Rate Envelope, but not pay the correct PFRE rate?

Or use a regular envelope with a PFRE label?

@tjc4t9 wrote:

Tell me why they didn't just keep it in CA and return it to me? 

Because these things are spot checked, not necessarily checked at every step of the way,

@tjc4t9 wrote:

Tell me why they didn't just keep it in CA and return it to me?  And why it has taken more thatn 12 days since it was "Out for Delivery", and it has not been returned to me?

That's the cost of making a mistake on postage.  The urgency of returning an incorrectly paid package is not the same as the urgency of delivering a correctly paid package.

@tjc4t9 wrote:

I packaged it according to eBay standards and paid the eBay requested postage; but that must have been incorrect somewhere. 

What are these eBay packaging standards of which you speak?   You should be packaging according to USPS rules.  eBay doesn't ship anything.  They just supply a means to buy postage through the major carriers.

eBay doesn't request postage.  You need to know what to pay for postage.  Which means you need to know whether what you are mailing qualifies for the different rate classes, and what information to enter into the label purchase process.

eBay didn't choose your envelope.  eBay didn't choose the shipping method.  You did and you need to know what postage is required.

@tjc4t9 wrote:

I will certainly not TRUST the USPS Priority Mail Service in the future.  Over 400 packages set by me through the USPS, and this one has killed my trust in them for the future.  Too bad eBay, it was a great system, now it's broken.

You paid the wrong postage, and this is somehow the fault of USPS?

Message 23 of 25
latest reply

I have been on Ebay since 2002 and cant remember a priority package taking over three days to get delivered in all those years. While I haven't had as high of a percentage of slow packages as the original poster I have had 4 priority mail packages since November 2018 take as long as a week and a few more take 4 days. I have two this week that are approaching the 1 week mark. usps tracking says "Your package will arrive later than expected, but is still on its way. It is currently in transit to the next facility." I only ship about 10 to 20 boxes a month but clearly something has changed and is a problem at the PO. We are well past the Christmas season that was being used as the go to excuse so I can see the Amazon thing being the reason.. 

Message 24 of 25
latest reply

USPS is now even worse now than it was when I originally posted. USPS lost a 1st class package recently that I shipped (ebay sale) with the only explanation given being “it disappeared into thin air”. Now, another 1st class package being shpped to me has been missing for 10 days. (ebay purchase) What can be done?

Message 25 of 25
latest reply