cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post office -Jersey City NJ Distribution Lost/theft STILL GOING ON ??!!

Wow saw on old thread from a few years back and I'm here to tell you its still the same. From CT to PA, package has been lost there for 4 days now. Shows its running late but its gone. 8 days now.  Likely theft or gross mismanagement. I filed a complaint with the post office of course but took it one step further.  USPO OFFICE OF INSPECTOR GENERAL.  This looks like a theft group here OR just really really bad management.  If it is theft it really can't be just 1 person. When my local post office called me (prior to my own research) he sort of hinted to me to not expect much in terms of it surfacing. 

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

@rubylarue wrote:

From CT to PA, package has been lost there for 4 days now.  Likely theft or gross mismanagement.

Or it has gotten backlogged in an facility that is struggling to handle packages due to the pandemic ... Jersey City NJ is right smack in the USA's coronavirus epicenter.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

@rubylarue wrote:

When my local post office called me (prior to my own research) he sort of hinted to me to not expect much in terms of it surfacing. 

Not comforting, but don't give up hope yet.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Of course I'm aware of the location and current pandemic status. The (now) 2 scans that say its en route to next location and then it's gone again are what peaked my interest.  Considering how many things I've shipped and received over 20 plus years of Ebay I think the USPS (and the employees) are generally amazing. Especially when you see how antiquated alot of the facilities are. But prior to this Covid disaster, from what I'm reading this Jersey one had way more complaints than any other I've read of. 

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

@rubylarue wrote:

The (now) 2 scans that say its en route to next location ...

Those aren't scans. It is an automated message that occurs once a day when a package hasn't received a scan.  As soon as a real scan happens, those messages disappear.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

OK. No matter what with this specific package the high amount of similar activity (pre pandemic) at this facility  sways the likelihood in favor of either theft or just losing packages due to a less than adequate system or less than adequate staffing or training or supervision. Coupled with the fact that the other two postal facilities that handled it did so in 3 days without incident somewhat supports those suspicions.  This facility was the subject of an audit by the Inspector General completed  in 2012 during which of course problems were found, as would be in most locations. The thing is it really takes a lot of customer or internal complaints to launch an investigation like that. I've now been taken care of by my credit card company so it's not about the money or the item anymore, just determining whats going on there since it appears to service my area.

https://www.uspsoig.gov/document/new-jersey-network-distribution-center-international-air-mail-recor...

Message 6 of 6
latest reply