cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer provides wrong address

Here is the situation I have in order:

-I am about to create the shipping label for the order 

-I noticed that the address looks somewhat off so I contact the buyer to make sure if it's correct or not

-I even do a search on Google but different variations come up

-I wait until the next day and then when I dont get a response, I call ebay to ask what I should do

-They tell me to ship it to the exact address provided.

-I print the label and drop it at the post office

-3 days later buyer contacts me with a "Im sure everything is correct and provides the address with a totally different state as well as a lack of zipcode! 

-I message them back saying, because I didn't get a response ,I followed the ebay rules and already shipped it to the address that they provided to paypal/ebay 

-They message me saying, "they stated clearly to ship it to the address they gave me after/not the one on ebay/paypal AFTER I ship it due to not getting a response.

Now It's ridiculous because the tracking number is saying "Your item was returned to the sender on January 23, 2020 at 1:11 pm in CROWN POINT, IN 46307 because it could not be delivered as addressed." when in reality I DON'T have it returned to me! Is it going to be returned to me eventually? I won't put up with someone's stupidity causing me my item and money. 

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Ebay policy does not allow you to send to a different address so you did the right thing.

Ask the buyer to pay for it to be shipped to the address they gave after.

they don't then you can refund them minus all your fees and see what they do.

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Crown Point is the post office that determined the address to be undeliverable, and has turned it around to go back to you. You should receive it back sometime in the coming week. At that point you can ask the buyer if he wants a refund or wants to pay for shipping to the correct address.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

@a_c_green wrote:

Crown Point is the post office that determined the address to be undeliverable, and has turned it around to go back to you. You should receive it back sometime in the coming week. At that point you can ask the buyer if he wants a refund or wants to pay for shipping to the correct address.

... or you can pay for shipping a second time. 

(I just had the scenario described in this thread happen this week ... been a crazy time since the first of the year, as we have had an unusual rush of returns due to incompetent buyers, including one who used a pair of shoes for 6 weeks and wanted to return them even though the 30-day return period is up)

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Ebay policy does not allow you to send to a different address so you did the right thing.

Ask the buyer to pay for it to be shipped to the address they gave after.

they don't then you can refund them minus all your fees and see what they do.

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Thank you for your answers everyone. I finally received the package back and offered to ship it to the correct address but they want to cancel the transaction. Do I start the cancelation or they do? Also, do I get the final value fees Ebay took credited back to me after I do this?

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

@kushbaz wrote:

I finally received the package back and offered to ship it to the correct address but they want to cancel the transaction. Do I

get the final value fees Ebay took credited back to me after I do this?

You'll only get an FVF credit @kushbaz if you refund in full, and cancel with the reason Problem with buyer's address.

Or since your buyer is so understanding of the fiasco they caused, you can tell your buyer you'll deduct your FVF, shipping, and PayPal fees from the refund, and return the remainder at PayPal.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Kit-4363. Shipping to wrong address. Address is 14607 N AGUA FRIA DR SUN CITY AZ 85351
Message 7 of 7
latest reply