cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help! Who stole the package?

Good afternoon,

I just received a message from eBay international shipping hub and told me my package is empty. Please see attached picture for the message and picture. 

Basically, the eBay international hub opened the package and found out it is empty. Of course, I need refund my buyer. But my concern is, is anyone else experiencing or experienced this before at eBay International shipping hub? Who stole the package?

I took pictures before ship out every item as my own record, I will attach my pictures as well.

Thank you for any information.

Screenshot 2024-03-01 at 11.49.14 AM.png

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

@lili_boutique  the letter already tells you what to do, sorry this happened 😖

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Are you absolutely sure that email is from eBay and not the buyer themselves? It seems a little fishy to me.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Hi @lili_boutique 

-It was either stolen by the carrier prior to delivery to the EIS center or by someone at the EIS center.  

As instructed, file the insurance claim with the carrier.  

-Sorry it happened.  I am sure you are not the first nor you will be the last where this happens.  

-It looks like you shipped in a corrugated box correct?

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Thank you!

Yes, I shipped in a corrugated box.

I will file the insurance after 15 days of the delivery date. 

I already refund the buyer. 

I just keep wondering who is most likely to steal the package. USPS or EIS...

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Thank you!

I will file a claim.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Thank you for your reply.

This is an international order, I believe the email is from eBay international shipping.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Are you sure the message was from the shipping center? Looks more like someone's desk at home than an international shipping hub that deals with heavy package volume.

I see that the message says no more info is available,  but why was your package opened in the first place? It's not customary to routinely open packages before sending them on.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Thank you for your reply.

The order's status stuck at eBay international shipping hub, so I think it is from shipping center.

I really don't know why my package opened in the first place, and this is what I am confuse about. I wonder if anyone else have similar situation before.

The message seems really professional. I already issued the refund to buyer.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

If it was going to another country...I heard the shipping hub can open a package to reship. 

But of "freight forward"...it usually goes to Miami or Delaware and not usually Glendale Heights.

Was there an International fee plus a domestic fee...or Buyer ID would also tell you if it was an International Buyer. 

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

@lili_boutique wrote:

Thank you!

Yes, I shipped in a corrugated box.

I will file the insurance after 15 days of the delivery date. 

I already refund the buyer. 

I just keep wondering who is most likely to steal the package. USPS or EIS...

@lili_boutique 

In 2016 there were 33 Postal workers arrested in a major city for stealing THOUSANDS of mail pieces and packages.  There was also a smaller group in another area of the country who were arrested for the same thing.  Sometimes it is one individual and at other times there are more involved.  

Regardless if it was a USPS or EIS worker it was probably not their first or last criminal act ... until they get caught.  

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 11 of 11
latest reply