cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plain white envelopes getting returned to me?

I sell stickers and ship them using a plain white envelope. I do it through Stamps since eBay doesn't let me choose the envelope. Today I got about 5 or 6 of them returned because the postage "wasn't correct". I'm not sure how because I'm certain I'm doing it right. I've also had a few that made it to the person and wasn't returned. Anyone know what I could do? I'm paying the 53 cents on Stamps for nothing

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Maybe you could take them to you local Post Office and see what information the can give you.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Maybe you could take them to you local Post Office and see what information the can give you.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Such is checked down the route the items take: if to thick, or to heavy, they will be returned or you charged for more postage.

Good luck with this.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Do they have tracking numbers on them?   USPS lives in fear that people could start using tracking on mail. That is where that 3/4 inch thick rule comes from.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

@lloopin wrote:

I sell stickers and ship them using a plain white envelope. I do it through Stamps since eBay doesn't let me choose the envelope. Today I got about 5 or 6 of them returned because the postage "wasn't correct". I'm not sure how because I'm certain I'm doing it right. I've also had a few that made it to the person and wasn't returned. Anyone know what I could do? I'm paying the 53 cents on Stamps for nothing

I looked at your listings and if you're shipping with just 1 or 2 single stamps, they're being returned because you're send them as "flats" when they are parcels. Letter rate has to be <.25" and your packages are likely thicker. 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

When you say you're sending them with "stamps" I assume you mean you're printing labels from stamps.com. If it's the 10 lots of stickers you're getting back they're probably too lumpy/thick and maybe over 1 ounce. If you want to send them with regular stamps you could send as "non-machineable", it costs the price of postage plus 30 cents. Like 2 OZ 78 cents + .30 = $1.08

Message 6 of 6
latest reply