cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Packing Slip Format

The current packing slip that eBay created only has about 5/8" margins all the way around. The last version was perfect for 1" border paper which I use relevant to the season. Now when I print the text goes inside the border. I can't remember when eBay changed the format, but I can't take it anymore. I called a rep to see if I could go back to the original packing slip with the normal 1" borders but was told eBay can't go backward. So then I asked if they could go "forward" and have their techie open the file and make a 1" border for those of us who use border paper. It is impossible to download and edit the margins since this is a permanent creation in eBay's wisdom.  Also impossible to change any formats on one's printer to accomplish this. After 4 times on hold, he comes back talking about a shipping label!!! My store contract ends in 2 days and I'm out of here. I've only been with eBay 20+ years and every time I call they thank me profusely for staying with them, but every time this Seller needs help I'm thrown to the wolves!! 

I asked the rep to add to the change request that I'm outta here in 48 hours when my contract expires if they can't do this simple format change to the packing slip! I just need 1" normal margins on an 8.5 X 11. Who makes these silly changes anyway? IF IT AIN'T BROKE - DON'T FIX IT!!

Frustrated in NC.........

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Packing Slip Format

You should be able to get around this in your printer settings.

Also, why in the world would you quit ebay over packing slip formats? Most sellers don't even use them.

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

As I first stated, I don't see any place on the printer settings to move margins on eBay's locked packing slip. If anyone can point me in the right direction, I'd sure appreciate it. Or better yet, try it to see if it works for you before suggesting something......because I can't find the way since they changed it a year ago or more. eBay should have given us the option or asked our opinion.

Regarding closing shop, maybe after 20+ years on eBay in helpless situations as a Seller you will understand. The fees and the 1099s are not worth the effort anymore.

Regarding using a packing slip, when did a nice touch go out of style to include something to acknowledge the transaction - thank you card, pretty border paper on packing slip, colored tissue paper, eBay stickers. Recently I got a sweater squeezed  as tight as a sausage into a priority padded envelope and it was a 2 lb. sweater.  In the end, I had to return it and did so in a better presentation than I received it.  Customer service and presentation is becoming a thing of the past.

Thanks for writing. 

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

I have this same issue when I print out the Order Details. The margins have changed several times. A few months ago I would get the report nicely on one page but not now.

The fix I use is within my printer settings.  I reduce the print size to 80% and then it prints all within the margins.  I do this also for Shipping Labels because the label default size is too big for my boxes.

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Thank you for the detailed answer. I only had to reduce the size to 90% to get it inside my border paper. However, when it shrinks, the document moves to the upper left corner. It doesn’t adjust to stay in the middle of the paper. Does it do the same for you? So it still looks like incorrect formatting. How hard could it possibly be for eBay to just open their packing slip document and shrink it down 85-90% so we aren’t forced to open printer settings every time we need a packing slip??  And then remember to go back to settings and change it back. There is plenty of white space on the document to shrink it.  A normal  1” margin all the way around can’t  be too much to ask…….or could it? But hey…..that just might make too much sense……..and this world isn’t based on common sense anymore…….is it! What say you?

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

@fillyourclosetsfrommystore wrote:

A normal  1” margin all the way around can’t  be too much to ask…….or could it? But hey…..that just might make too much sense……..and this world isn’t based on common sense anymore…….is it! What say you?

I say common sense dictates that eBay can't be accountable for your desire to use border paper and your inability to figure out your printer settings to your liking.

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

A normal  1” margin all the way around can’t  be too much to ask…….or could it? But hey…..that just might make too much sense……..and this world isn’t based on common sense anymore…….is it! What say you?

It seems like as soon as you finally figure out a way  to make the "new way" workable then the "new way" will be changed again. 

I always print the Order Details and save for Bookkeeping purposes.  The left margin has changed several times in the last couple of years.  It had been reduced to 1/4" at one point.  Mostly it has been 5/8" but it is at 7/8" lately.  However lately the right margin is being completely pushed off the page.  When I reduce the page everything shrinks up but the left margin does not change and currently stays at 7/8".

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Common sense also dictates that a newbie in the business shouldn't judge one who has been in the business 20+ years. You will find out soon enough.  It should also be just as easy for eBay to open their document and make a change and save it or give the option to revert back to the original format.  The printer settings will never work to shrink and center on the page and who wants to look at that.   I'm sorry......was I trying to be too professional for you!

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

I do feel your pain......LOL......and lux.ra_14 as seen below will find this out soon enough.........good luck with your store!

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Common sense also dictates that a newbie in the business shouldn't judge one who has been in the business 20+ years. You will find out soon enough. 

Ever heard of a posting ID in all those years? I've been a seller here since the 90s.

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Another Margin adjustment by eBay.  Even though I have reduced the page to 80% now the Top Margin is pushed all the way to the top of the page.  Page will not fully print because you need at least .25" of a margin.  You can see it the first example Order Details is cut in half.  The second example is also reduced to 80% but the full page prints.

I can manually adjust the margins within the print program but that is a something to constantly remember to do everytime there is a change.

Screenshot 2023-12-02 130747.jpgScreenshot 2023-12-02 131727.jpg

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

I just wish they'd go back to the old packing slip you could print from the label page.

Although I have to say PayPal's packing slips are absolutely horrible now too.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Why do you feel the need to hide your identity? who or what are you hiding from.........that is suspect in its own right!

Message 13 of 13
latest reply