cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Package was Delivered but not to My Address

Hello - I purchase a Item - it was shipped by UPS and received a UPS Tracking Number - after a few days - Received a Email it was Delivered by UPS - went outside to look for it - package was not there and or received. Called UPS they said package for that tracking number was delivered - but not to my address - due to security reasons could not give out address, also said it was given to - "Met Customers Boy" - there is no Boys living here.  So I know was not delivered here - Emailed the Seller several times asking for them to recheck Tracking number and What Address they sent it too.  The Seller never responded , asked at least 4 times . Put a claim with Ebay for not received - They ended up closed it - said customer gave tracking number.  Tried to call Ebay and PayPal and they are both closed to calls. So not sure what to do with this.  Thank you for any help.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Package was Delivered but not to My Address

@pfgallo wrote:

So not sure what to do with this.  Thank you for any help.

eBay's robots will automatically deny an Item Not Received claim if the tracking shows "delivered" to your zip code.

There are three ways you could proceed ... here would be my steps

1. Contact eBay through email, twitter, or Facebook telling them that you are a victim of the "Same Zip Code" selling scam, and that the seller is already being flagged by eBay as fraudulent.  You would like a refund of your money.  Provide them with the tracking number and item number, and tell them that they can call UPS at 800.xxx.xxxx to verify that the item was not delivered to your address : [list address]
  2. If that doesn't work, eBay's typically appeal requires that you get  a letter from UPS on UPS letterhead that verifies that the item was not addressed to your address ... it would need to list your address and the tracking number.
  3. No.2 may be just a bit too hard ... too much legwork.  So, I would probably skip it, and go immediately to my credit card to file a chargeback claiming the information in No. 1
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Thank you for your answer - In all my years on Ebay never heard of this -

"a victim of the "Same Zip Code" selling scam" Did not know of such a thing.

Question -  you said - "that the seller is already being flagged by eBay as fraudulent. "

How do you know this or how do find this out to be true? 

Thank you

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Hi, You can call your local post office assigned to you. or put a note in your mailbox for carrier with the tracking number and let them know you didn't receive the package. They have gps as to exactly where the package was delivered. If it was misdelivered they will track down who has it. It happens often by mistake.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

I think that they were making a suggestion of what might be the case, not that they would know. Check the sellers feedback, how does it look?

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

The package was shipped UPS, unless it was handed off to USPS they would not know in this case. As a general statement about packages shipped USPS, true.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

@treasures-4less wrote:

Hi, You can call your local post office assigned to you. or put a note in your mailbox for carrier with the tracking number and let them know you didn't receive the package. They have gps as to exactly where the package was delivered. If it was misdelivered they will track down who has it. It happens often by mistake.

I don't think that USPS is going to care where UPS delivered/did not deliver.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

It was shipped by UPS not US Post Office
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

The tracking information shows all the location Steps - looks to be UPS delivered it and when I called they did not say it was handed off to the USPS. Going to contact Ebay again like it was suggested to email them.
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

To let everyone know - Got Refund and Ebay Closed them Down.  They removed them from Ebay totally for now.

Thank you for everybody help

Stay Safe

Message 10 of 10
latest reply