cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Package stuck on pre-shipment for over a week when seller says they shipped it

I am at a loss on what to do and I want to give this seller a chance, but it just seems off to me. I bought a package on Monday the 8th, tracking was provided the 10th and it has been stuck on pre shipment ever since. I originally asked the seller when he was planning on shipping the package after around 4 days on "Pre-shipment Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item" and he told me he shipped it when he provided the tracking number and that it was expected by Wednesday the 17th but that he would get in contact with his post office to see if he can get any info on why it has not updated. Fast forward to yesterday and low and behold it did not come and tracking is still stuck on pre shipment. I messaged the seller today after no update from him regarding his post office and told him there still has not been an update and that the package did not deliver yesterday. He got back and told me his post office said that there is a delay in his area (Hollywood FL) and that they do not know why the tracking is not updating. He said it now should be expected for next Monday. Is this normal/even possible or am I getting the runaround? The estimated delivery date for eBay has been passed since Monday so I can just open a case still. Any advice on what I should do would be very appreciated. Thanks everyone.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Package stuck on pre-shipment for over a week when seller says they shipped it

I had a similar situation recently and was also skeptical about whether the package was shipped. It did get delivered and the USPS tracking only updated when it arrived at my local post office.  So it may be possible that it was in fact shipped.

Either the buyer or seller can process a Where's My Package service request on USPS.COM. As a seller I take that initiative & have all the required information to process the request. 

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Re: Package stuck on pre-shipment for over a week when seller says they shipped it

The USPS is only required to scan when a package is delivered. 

Many sellers drop packages in a drop box and they are not scanned. 

I will stand in line to get our packages scanned. It is a hassle but will at least show to the buyer the USPS has possession of the package. 

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

@mspirit57 wrote:

The USPS is only required to scan when a package is delivered. 

Many sellers drop packages in a drop box and they are not scanned. 

I will stand in line to get our packages scanned. It is a hassle but will at least show to the buyer the USPS has possession of the package. 

And where might you be pulling that information from?

Many, many years ago when the USPS had "delivery confirmation" that was the case.  "Tracking" of shipments  has progressed way beyond that point.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Appreciate the help, funny enough i did submit a wheres my package request yesterday and it says on my ebay tracking it was closed today and i never received a reply email from the usps for whatever reason. Should i submit another one you think?

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

@kratozack wrote:

Appreciate the help, funny enough i did submit a wheres my package request yesterday and it says on my ebay tracking it was closed today and i never received a reply email from the usps for whatever reason. Should i submit another one you think?

If USPS has no acceptance scan on the item another request would result in the same ending.   You have 30 day after the last estimated delivery date to open an INR.   You can give it some more time without losing your "buyer protection".  My carrier, and offices that I drop at are very good about scanning, but some report that their experiences are not the positive.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Gotcha, thank you for the help. I guess i'm just going to give the seller till the monday like he claims and open a case if it doesn't come then.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

I think you can blame the Post Office for the delay, not the seller. USPS is a mess. Packages crisscross the country in ways that make absolutely no sense. The sooner we can get rid of Postmaster General deJoy the better.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

I have found myself in a similar situation. I want to trust the seller, but I don't want to eat the money I invested on the Item, as it would have been the most expensive purchase I have ever made at one time here on ebay. 

My question is did you ever get your item, or did you have to open a case? 

Message 9 of 9
latest reply