cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Package arrived at global shipping centre for a over 10 days, still keep not update

Hi All, 

I am a buyer from Hong Kong. I purchased the notebook from a US seller and using the global shipping program, my item shipped to eBay shipping hub on 14 Apr, until today, still no any status change, still keep in "Your item is being inspected."

My order's Estimated delivery is 2 May, anyone has the same case as me, Is anything I need to worry about?

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Package arrived at global shipping centre for a over 10 days, still keep not update

Hi marnoton, 

I can 100% confirm is "eBay International Shipping", sorry maybe I did not cleanly.

I reported to eBay on 5 May again, Even if I said I want to item, they still refund to me very quickly, so I think they also confirm my item is not the reason gone.

also, I checked with my seller, and they have disabled the ship to Hong Kong. that is good.
Hong Kong buyer is very smart if they want to product, they will know how to ship it back to Hong Kong, 

for the Seller, please don't use use "eBay International Shipping" Service, you just keep local delivery with tracking, The Hong Kong buyer will know how to ship back to Hong Kong

if any buyer from Hong Kong to asks to ship to Hong Kong, you can recommend they use a third-party global shipping company.
the Keyword is "your country's Chinese name" + "集運",  they will find over 10 shipping companies to compare.

for eBay, if you want to improve the service, highly recommend finding Hong Kong global shipping to cooperate with or gain experience, is not meaning DHL, SF, FedEx, UPS, etc. Hong Kong SME shipping companies can provide cheap and efficient service, and their experience worthy of reference

Comparing
eBay International Shipping cost is USD26.04, the estimated shipping date need around  20days shipping days, and the final is to lose my item.
I have other orders that use a third-party global shipping company, I only need USD15 - USD18 and need 14 days only. 
I know eBay International Shipping with ensure the packet loss with a refund, but some global shipping companies also included basic insurance, and you can optionally buy insurance to protect your high price.

Wai

View Best Answer in original post

Message 9 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

now, I am highly not recommended to use the eBay International Shipping program if you from Hong Kong buyer, I am still waiting over two weeks, and my item is still stuffed at the eBay shipping hub, and no update. if I pay more around 10usd cost, I can ship to any Hong Kong shipping company US office, then they can fast to shipping to Hong Kong, and also full insurance.

Yes, Hong Kong with many shipping companies can provide global shipping services, they have direct/proxy warehouses in the USA, Japan, English, Canada, Europe, and other countries you can't imagine. the shipping can be shipped item by week or twice a week or by day

so, I can't see the eBay International Shipping program as an advantage.

If you are a seller, just hope you can accept our shipping to warehouses, the feature is you can see the shipping address with a special code for warehouses to judge the item owner.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Does the shipping hub included the customs process?   You really have no control over customs - it can be an hour or a month.   No one can do anything about customs. 

When I had a wage labor job we used to have to ship documents internationally and more than one deal was held up as the items made their way through customs.  

We learned how to "Actively Wait". 

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

my item is still kept in the eBay shipping hub(USA), and still not started to ship to Hong Kong.

and I don't worry Hong Kong customs process, they efficient I think is top 3 in the world

if I ship my item to another Hong Kong shipping company's USA warehouses, I think my item is ready on my desk now, my item 14 Apr arrived at eBay warehouses, if I use another shipping company, they one need 1 day to process the, and they can ship out 5 times by week(Tue - Sat), showing I just need to wait more 2 days, my item will ship to Hong kong,
and they only need 5-8 days for the shipment to Hong Kong (including the customs process), this means my item will be later than 26 Apr arrived in Hong Kong, and they also only need 1-3 days for local delivery.

I use another shipping company many times on my order USA website, so it that why highly not recommended to use the eBay International Shipping program if you are a Hong Kong buyer, will be slow and low efficient. 

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

today is 4 May, and still not any news, and the item is still not received, I asked live chat support.
the reply is 
"There's a possibility that they are having a lot of packages that needs to be delivered or they have forgotten to upload the tracking number."
Too Funny, I am an online buyer for over 20 years, and it is the first time without shipping status over 2 weeks ago.

I understand eBay with "Money Back Guarantee Protection", but hope eBay knows, I paid money to order an item, and I want a happy feeling when received the item, not waiting for your money back.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Sorry this is happening to you. I'm a seller and noticed that packages frequently spent days at eBay's global processing centers (none as long as yours though), so I opted out of this program. Have you made the seller aware of this delay? Maybe with both you and the seller asking questions, you can get some answers.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

thanks for your opinion, I just sent the message to the seller.

my item is a new & operational PC notebook, so I think the eBay shipping hub's staff, maybe someone steals my item. but this is just my estimate, I haven't proven it, but for now, I still keep highly not recommended to use the eBay International Shipping program. not just buyers, all sellers also is not recommended, it is too many unknown risk

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

I'm confused about the eBay service to which you're referring.  You mention two of them.

Global Shipping Program

eBay International Standard Delivery

eBay International Shipping

are three international forwarding services that are all running on eBay right now.  The first two are in the process of being phased out.  Which service was stated on the listing page?

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Hi marnoton, 

I can 100% confirm is "eBay International Shipping", sorry maybe I did not cleanly.

I reported to eBay on 5 May again, Even if I said I want to item, they still refund to me very quickly, so I think they also confirm my item is not the reason gone.

also, I checked with my seller, and they have disabled the ship to Hong Kong. that is good.
Hong Kong buyer is very smart if they want to product, they will know how to ship it back to Hong Kong, 

for the Seller, please don't use use "eBay International Shipping" Service, you just keep local delivery with tracking, The Hong Kong buyer will know how to ship back to Hong Kong

if any buyer from Hong Kong to asks to ship to Hong Kong, you can recommend they use a third-party global shipping company.
the Keyword is "your country's Chinese name" + "集運",  they will find over 10 shipping companies to compare.

for eBay, if you want to improve the service, highly recommend finding Hong Kong global shipping to cooperate with or gain experience, is not meaning DHL, SF, FedEx, UPS, etc. Hong Kong SME shipping companies can provide cheap and efficient service, and their experience worthy of reference

Comparing
eBay International Shipping cost is USD26.04, the estimated shipping date need around  20days shipping days, and the final is to lose my item.
I have other orders that use a third-party global shipping company, I only need USD15 - USD18 and need 14 days only. 
I know eBay International Shipping with ensure the packet loss with a refund, but some global shipping companies also included basic insurance, and you can optionally buy insurance to protect your high price.

Wai

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

I purchased my item from the US on July 26 and it was received by the ebay shipping hub on July 27. The item shipping to Canada has not moved since. I have received no updates in almost 2 weeks and it will not arrive by the estimated date. I now contact sellers before purchasing asking if they can ship by another courier, ebay shipping hub also lost another item over a year ago. AVOID THE EBAY SHIPPING OPTION IF POSSIBLE.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

totally agree

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

It's best to never let ebay handle anything if all possible. They are kings of excuses and laziness. I'm sorry you had this problem sometimes I wish we could leave feedback for ebay. It's not the seller's or buyer's fault, it's ebay. They are a slow cog that can grind to a halt. 
@datahp wrote:

now, I am highly not recommended to use the eBay International Shipping program if you from Hong Kong buyer, I am still waiting over two weeks, and my item is still stuffed at the eBay shipping hub, and no update. if I pay more around 10usd cost, I can ship to any Hong Kong shipping company US office, then they can fast to shipping to Hong Kong, and also full insurance.

Yes, Hong Kong with many shipping companies can provide global shipping services, they have direct/proxy warehouses in the USA, Japan, English, Canada, Europe, and other countries you can't imagine. the shipping can be shipped item by week or twice a week or by day

so, I can't see the eBay International Shipping program as an advantage.

If you are a seller, just hope you can accept our shipping to warehouses, the feature is you can see the shipping address with a special code for warehouses to judge the item owner.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply