cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Package Shipped Priority International From U.S. To Australia > Question

I shipped a package by USPS *priority* international to a customer from the U.S to Australia.

The package was shipped on October 3, 2017.  It is now October 17th. The USPS tracking still shows  Los Angelas, CA Customs Clearance as of October 4, with no changes in destination.  Is this the norm for a international package to show no new updates for this long on the USPS site?

Many years ago I shipped international packages to Australia and it seemed to be much faster back then.  Does anyone know the average priority shipping transit time from the U.S. to Australia?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Package Shipped Priority International From U.S. To Australia > Question

go to usps site...you can call their CS... see if they can look into it...sometime just getting them opening an case(INQUIRY)  seems to get things moving... can't hurt.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

go to usps site...you can call their CS... see if they can look into it...sometime just getting them opening an case(INQUIRY)  seems to get things moving... can't hurt.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

It is a long time but sometimes things just get held up without any kind of an explanation. 

Try the Aussie post too.   There might be more there.  Probably just delayed though. 

https://auspost.com.au/

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Much depends on the actual destination -- remember, Australia is a large continent. I always allow at least 2 full weeks, although last year I sent a PM package from Seattle that took a full 21 days door to door.

You are correct . . . PM used to average 8-10 days from the West Coast to major Australian cities. Not any more. But check the Australia Post website, which may show scans not yet available to USPS.

~~C~~
My Glass Duchess
Quoting Mom: In polite society, "hey" is for horses.
Message 4 of 4
latest reply