cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Package I Sent Stuck in Detroit for 6 Days:

It has now been two weeks since I sent it.  I went to usps.com site and had updates sent to myself and buyer.

Al it says is Processed in Detroit, 6 days ago.  The package is addressed to Ohio.   I asked my Postmaster to contact the Detroit hub and try to get it moving. Wonder if he did it or not.

This package was sent uninsured, like at least 2500 other packages I have sent. All arrived. 

(No this is not under the ID I am posting with).

If this one does not arrive, sooner or later I will have to refund buyer's money.  And I will be stuck with the loss.

All this is because of the messing with the USPS that went on before the election, it is unprecedented.. 

An item I bought and have been waiting for is also stuck in limbo.  First it went to an Albany hub which is 50 miles away.  Then it went to ANOTHER hub in Newburgh, 50 miles away in the opposite direction. 

The it went BACK TO ALBANY, where it has been for several days.  No updates, no movement. 

But I am more worried about the item I sent out that did not arriveand is apparently stuck in Detroit.

It was a 3 figure item.  I'd hate to lose that.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Package I Sent Stuck in Detroit for 6 Days:

I had a similar problem with my package being shipped out of GA on 11/30.  On 12/4, the tracking update side the package would be arriving late and in transit.  No scans after 12/4.  I live in OH.

On 12/6, I googled usps shipping problems and came across these sites.   On the "downdetector" site, using my tracking number, the person answering questions, updated me on the status of my package.  The package got moving and was scanned on 12/7 in Akron, OH.  Today, on 12/8 the package was scanned at the downtown Cleveland Facility.  Most likely, I will receive the package tomorrow.

Thumbs up!   

You may have to copy and paste the links in your browser.

https://downdetector.com/status/usps/ 

https://istheservicedown.com/problems/usps/map 

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Re: Package I Sent Stuck in Detroit for 6 Days:

Wow.  USPS's site has been having problems for over 24 hours, according to down detector's graph.  You know the USPS employees are not having an easy time at all right now 😞

Message 3 of 3
latest reply