cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Package Forwarded

I sent a package on Sept. 10th via USPS Priority and the tracking still doesn't show as being delivered.  It shows...

"Your item was forwarded to a different address at 10:48 am on September 13, 2018 in SALEM, MA. This was because of forwarding instructions or because the address or ZIP Code on the label was incorrect. "

and no updates after that.  If the package was delkivered, should the tracking have updated, or does it stop tracking once a package is forwarded?

I didn't ship the package to Salem (01970), I shipped it to Gloucester (01930) and used a printed label, so I'm not sure why the package got sent to that post office anyway, but I'm assuming it was a mix up on USPS' part rather than a forward request by the buyer.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Package Forwarded

It has been 10 days.  Contact the Post office and give them the tracking number and ask about the status.

I am not an eBay employee. I'm a US eBay Community Mentor.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

I wouldn't do anything.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

@bigchief2472000 wrote:

I sent a package on Sept. 10th via USPS Priority and the tracking still doesn't show as being delivered.  It shows...

"Your item was forwarded to a different address at 10:48 am on September 13, 2018 in SALEM, MA. This was because of forwarding instructions or because the address or ZIP Code on the label was incorrect. "

and no updates after that.  If the package was delkivered, should the tracking have updated, or does it stop tracking once a package is forwarded?

I didn't ship the package to Salem (01970), I shipped it to Gloucester (01930) and used a printed label, so I'm not sure why the package got sent to that post office anyway, but I'm assuming it was a mix up on USPS' part rather than a forward request by the buyer.

Go to USPS.com and put a trace on the package.  Sometimes this will help get you more information.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 4 of 4
latest reply