cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLZ HELP with return to a nightmare customer.

HI, I am a new seller 

and I have custmer who baught and paid for an item and once he recived the item he contacted me saying that the item is fake and not as discribed, I responed and let him know where in the describtion does it state that the item is described right, and that I am willing to accept his return but with in acording to my condetion which is for him to pay retrn shipping and refund less restocking fee. then he filed for opened a case in ebay for bieng not as described. I immediatly talked to ebay, they reviewed my listing and told me that the case is in your favor and you do not have to provide him a shipping label. the buyer did not respond, after a while ebay closed the case. after the case closed the cuyer sent  message saying the item is on its way back to me . so i recived the item and I let the buyer know that the case is close but I will be nice and refund him the money, and I did refund him less restocking fee.  the problem is after I refund him he is now demading  full refund saying that I am suppose to refund him in for plus the shipping he paid, and if not he is going to contact ebay.

what should I do now? should I respond ? should I call ebay? or should I just ignore his message.

thank you

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: PLZ HELP with return to a nightmare customer.

@bestdeals2000us wrote:

I immediatly talked to ebay, they reviewed my listing and told me that the case is in your favor and you do not have to provide him a shipping label. the buyer did not respond, after a while ebay closed the case.

after the case closed the cuyer sent  message saying the item is on its way back to me . so i recived the item and I let the buyer know that the case is close but I will be nice and refund him the money, and I did refund him less restocking fee. 

The return timed out and the case closed because the buyer did not meet the deadline.

You didn't even need to refund when your buyer returned it after the case closed: You only needed to tell your buyer to send postage to get it back.

And now you move on: Ignore the buyer and add that ID to your blocked buyers list.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

@bestdeals2000us wrote:

HI, I am a new seller 

and I have custmer who baught and paid for an item and once he recived the item he contacted me saying that the item is fake and not as discribed, I responed and let him know where in the describtion does it state that the item is described right, and that I am willing to accept his return but with in acording to my condetion which is for him to pay retrn shipping and refund less restocking fee. then he filed for opened a case in ebay for bieng not as described. I immediatly talked to ebay, they reviewed my listing and told me that the case is in your favor and you do not have to provide him a shipping label. the buyer did not respond, after a while ebay closed the case. after the case closed the cuyer sent  message saying the item is on its way back to me . so i recived the item and I let the buyer know that the case is close but I will be nice and refund him the money, and I did refund him less restocking fee.  the problem is after I refund him he is now demading  full refund saying that I am suppose to refund him in for plus the shipping he paid, and if not he is going to contact ebay.

what should I do now? should I respond ? should I call ebay? or should I just ignore his message.

thank you

If the SNAD is truly closed in your favor (doubtful, but I guess it could happen), you're done. Ignore the buyer. You might want to check your dashboard and see if you have a defect (and the accompanying charge for the return shipping label). What does the resolution center say exactly please.

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

Here below is what it says on res. center
even though it states that buyer it is in buyers favor, when I call ebay they tell me that its in buyers favor to return the item , but  I dont have to provide a shipping lable or give them a full refund, the messages made are automatic becouse the case was filed this was but in reality the buy has to follow your return policy. and I dont see a defact or money taken out of my aount to pay for the label.

eBay Customer Support has made a final decision.

Final decision:
This case was decided in the buyer's favor.
Transaction information:
Any remaining funds from this PayPal transaction are available.
Message 3 of 15
latest reply

@bestdeals2000us wrote:

I immediatly talked to ebay, they reviewed my listing and told me that the case is in your favor and you do not have to provide him a shipping label. the buyer did not respond, after a while ebay closed the case.

after the case closed the cuyer sent  message saying the item is on its way back to me . so i recived the item and I let the buyer know that the case is close but I will be nice and refund him the money, and I did refund him less restocking fee. 

The return timed out and the case closed because the buyer did not meet the deadline.

You didn't even need to refund when your buyer returned it after the case closed: You only needed to tell your buyer to send postage to get it back.

And now you move on: Ignore the buyer and add that ID to your blocked buyers list.

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

I only looked at a few of your live listing and sold listings, and from what I've seen, the restocking fee is there along with the terms and conditions of returns, which is perhaps why eBay did not require you to pay for return shipping. I would only direct the buyer to the section on the listing page for Returns.  

Maybe someone has a better solution, but it is on the listing pages that I viewed.  Cute Levi sneakers BTW - I like them 🙂

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

Thank you very much.
that is very good news.
Message 6 of 15
latest reply

thank you, they are very nice.

just question, what do you mean by " I would only direct the buyer to the section on the listing page for Returns. "
is there something wrong with the way my return policy is set up?
Message 7 of 15
latest reply

If I did respond to the buyer again, I would have him/her to look at the section on returns in the listing.  It could not be any clearer than what is posted - return shipping/restocking fee/and returned in unworn condition w/tags. 

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

ok that's good to know,
Thank you
Message 9 of 15
latest reply

@postingid2017 wrote:

If I did respond to the buyer again, I would have him/her to look at the section on returns in the listing.  It could not be any clearer than what is posted - return shipping/restocking fee/and returned in unworn condition w/tags. 

Your terms are meaningless on eBay with a SNAD claim, you would have had to refund 100% PLUS pay return shipping with that message you osted. So you did not have the case closed in your favor as I thought. OK, I'd still look at the dashboard to make sure you don't have a defect, also, you should look at your current eBay invoice and make sure you wern't charged for the return shipping.

Something is not adding up here, something is missing. It maybe the buyer didn't return the item in time, but you would have had to issue a return shipping label and you claim you didn't (of course, you claim you won the case too, so...). If the buyer missed the return window, then as others have said, there was no need to refund at all, but I'm still skeptical something is amiss.

If a refund is due and the return had delivery confirmation and you don't refund in full, eBay will do it for you. But still, something is wrong here.

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

Was this an International sale by any chance?

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

No this was not a international sale. and I think the thing that made this in my favor is when the ebay representive looked over the case, they buyer had stated this in his snad claim " I contact seller to let them know I was expecting real leather, they comment that on the small letters on the description indicates that is synthetic," so basicly he condredicted himself saying that it is described but he did not read it.

I do not have any payment for the lable from my account, and as far as the defect it seem I do have a defect from the buy but it says in the detail its for having shipped the item late (I did it on time but carrier scan was the next day)

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

@bestdeals2000us wrote:

No this was not a international sale. and I think the thing that made this in my favor is when the ebay representive looked over the case, they buyer had stated this in his snad claim " I contact seller to let them know I was expecting real leather, they comment that on the small letters on the description indicates that is synthetic," so basicly he condredicted himself saying that it is described but he did not read it.

I do not have any payment for the lable from my account, and as far as the defect it seem I do have a defect from the buy but it says in the detail its for having shipped the item late (I did it on time but carrier scan was the next day)

Well, you want to watch those defects, especially if your a small seller. It only take a couple of those to be banned from selling on eBay for life. 

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

If the case is closed you are under no obligation to do anything else.

Sellers win some and lose some here, maybe you won maybe you lost, doesn't matter because the case is closed.

On ebay this happens without much rhyme or reason so if you win you take it as the good gift it is and get on with life.

Whether you have issued a refund or whether ebay did it, doesn't matter, you do not have to issue another refund.

You may ignore the buyer's messages.

The case is closed.

Have a nice day.

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

first, alway proof read your posts..you could have used spell check and made it easier...

if it was closed...it is closed... you refunded per your listing and that should be it.... YOU should do nothing. say nothing,.  you refunded and that is done.... 

wait and see what happens, then you will have a choice what to do, if there is a choice to be made. 

sometimes just doing nothing is just fine.

Message 15 of 15
latest reply