cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLEASE EXPERIENCED SELLERS HELP ME! 2 items, 1 invoice, only 1 item received. Return reason??

Do I use missing parts? I thought I would have to address the invoice as a whole as NAD, but it only allows me to do a return because tracking shows delivered. The item that did arrive was fine, and I'd like to keep it.

So do I use, missing parts/pieces, doesn't work, doesn't match description (I have nothing to send back), or arrived damaged (as the packaging was extremely poorly done in this case).

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: PLEASE EXPERIENCED SELLERS HELP ME! 2 items, 1 invoice, only 1 item received. Return reason??

Since it was one invoice, it's all or nothing.

You would have to file item not as described, missing pieces, and return everything you received.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Re: PLEASE EXPERIENCED SELLERS HELP ME! 2 items, 1 invoice, only 1 item received. Return reason??

@southern*sweet*tea wrote:

Since it was one invoice, it's all or nothing.

You would have to file item not as described, missing pieces, and return everything you received.

That is the correct answer to your question.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Each item had its own return this item button. So I did file a missing parts return/refund claim. We'll see. If Ebay says no, I can then try through Paypal for item not received, correct?

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

No, you can't use PayPal for an item not received since you DID receive part of your order. If you did that, you'd lose once the seller enters the tracking number showing it as being delivered. You would need to open an item not as described case with either company.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

@flyinhawaiiangirl wrote:

Each item had its own return this item button. So I did file a missing parts return/refund claim. We'll see.

Ah, so it's not multiples of one item, but two dissimilar items which were shipped together in a package. Here's the policy (click on the underlined/colored link):

Can buyers initiate a single return for more than one item?

No. Unless they were purchased as part of a multi-quantity item, buyers must initiate a return for each item individually.

So you must return the missing item by itself, first starting a return request, then seller paying a return label.

And keep the item you did receive.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Correct. I did use missing parts as the return reason. Do I mail the empty bag back if they send a return label? So tracking shows return received?
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Yes, you will return exactly what you received, using the provided prepaid return label.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Ok gotcha.  Thank you again for everyone's wisdom and help!

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

SNAD

Message 10 of 10
latest reply