cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New seller sent lightweight item to wrong address close to mine

Ok, this is my first scam buying on eBay and want to know if I am covered. I purchased a yeti roadie 20 cooler last week from a seller with zero feedback. (I realize that wasn't my smartest move) but I figured if they didn't send it, I would get my money back from eBay. 

The transaction seemed to be going well, the seller unloaded a ups tracking number within 2 days and it arrived in my area this morning. I checked the tracking number this afternoon and it said it was delivered (it wasn't, I was home all day) I called ups and they said the tracking number I gave them was delivered in my town but my name or address was not on the package. Also, the package sent was only 2 pounds, the cooler I ordered was 16 pounds. 

Ebay wouldn't let me open a not received case because technically it was delivered so I called ebay and they were able to open a case. I now have yo wait 2+ weeks for the seller to respond. Has anything like this happened to anyone else?

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Re: New seller sent lightweight item to wrong address close to mine

Looks like your seller has already closed up shop and has gone dark ... I doubt they will respond to you.

Message 16 of 23
latest reply

I have messaged him twice, he hasn't responded. If the package was the correct weight, I would have given him the benifet of the doubt that it was an error but it's not even close. 

Message 17 of 23
latest reply

Thanks for the advice, I will call them today. 

Message 18 of 23
latest reply

why dont you go and pick up that package and file item not as described and make him pay return shipping.

it aint a cooler so you dont want it.

then you get your moneyback

Message 19 of 23
latest reply

I probably would have left a note for the family that received the package and explain the problem you are dealing with - then they could have the option of calling you and giving you the actual item with the tracking number (label) on it - if unopened, the picture would prove it is NOT as described - I.e. a cooler.

Message 20 of 23
latest reply

@orangehound wrote:

Looks like your seller has already closed up shop and has gone dark ... I doubt they will respond to you.

That seller still has listings for the coolers. He didn't close up shop.

Message 21 of 23
latest reply

The package was shipped via UPS not USPS  - no postmaster and our UPS delivery center is about 50 miles away - no local offices except for local independent retail outlets

@vintagecraze50 wrote:

The only way you can prove this package was sent to another address is to get the intranet information from the postmaster who can tell you where this package was delivered . You will need something official from the postal service. If people just claimed packages ended up on someone else's doorstep they could just say that it was there or change the label after delivered and sent a photo. Get the info from the P.O. official place of delivery and the address that was on the package.

"I have the right to remain silent but I didn't have the ability." Ron White, Fritch, Texas
"Stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution." A. Einstein
The Devil made me do it! - Flip Wilson
If the band can only play loud - they ain't no good - peps too J.R. Johnson
Message 22 of 23
latest reply

Thank you everyone for your reply's and trying to help me. I went back to the house where the package was delivered and they gave me the package without a problem. Now that I have the scam package, I changed my case to not as described instead of not received. I feel confident that I will get my money back as soon as ebay gives me a label to return the scam package to.  Thanks again everyone. 

Message 23 of 23
latest reply