cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mistake?

I've been back & forth with EIS, and the country's I want to exclude and or ship to. I was under the assumption that if I do not ship to a certain country, they can not contact me or make offers. Well...I just had I country I do not ship to message me about an offer, I did not check the country before I sent the offer. I called ebay and they said they also have a US shipping address, so they can contact me. I give up.      

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Mistake?

If the buyer has a US shipping address then they are using a freight forwarder. This is allowed per eBay policy. It also means the buyer loses MBG protections when they have the item reshipped.

You can implement country blocks on your listings. You can also implement a block for a buyer "whose PRIMARY shipping address is in a location I don't ship to" here: https://www.ebay.com/bmgt/buyerrequirements

But if the international buyer's primary shipping address is in the US it doesn't matter where they're registered. They can purchase from any seller that ships to the US.

This is in no way related to EIS - it's been in effect for many years @tweetystwades.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Re: Mistake?

If the buyer has a US shipping address then they are using a freight forwarder. This is allowed per eBay policy. It also means the buyer loses MBG protections when they have the item reshipped.

You can implement country blocks on your listings. You can also implement a block for a buyer "whose PRIMARY shipping address is in a location I don't ship to" here: https://www.ebay.com/bmgt/buyerrequirements

But if the international buyer's primary shipping address is in the US it doesn't matter where they're registered. They can purchase from any seller that ships to the US.

This is in no way related to EIS - it's been in effect for many years @tweetystwades.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 2 of 2
latest reply