cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Media Mail not available to ship for a book I sold on eBay buyer selected MM

I just sold a book today and it was listed with free media mail shipping and the buyer selected that option. When I went to ship the item the buyer had selected the media mail option but I could not choose that option as eBay had whited it out and said this item did not qualify for media mail. My item is a book and was originally listed in the book category. eBay just recently changed that category to Books & Magazines and this listing was automatically migrated to this new category. As this was a book I am wondering that because most magazines carry advertisements which disqualifies them from media mail that this might be the problem.

I had to print the shipping elsewhere but I am wondering if anyone else has experienced this recently?

"Paradigm Shift" ...Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks...1 Thessalonians chapter 5
Message 1 of 19
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Media Mail not available to ship for a book I sold on eBay buyer selected MM

I'm seeing the same thing right now with a sale of a set of books that definitely should qualify for media mail.  eBay shipping shows Media Mail greyed out and the message "Items in this category are not eligible for Media Mail."  The listing's category is "Books & Magazines > Books."  

Hoping it's just a bug that will be cleared up soon...

View Best Answer in original post

Message 5 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: Media Mail not available to ship for a book I sold on eBay buyer selected MM

I just this second posted the same issue. I had no issues at 10 am EST this morning but a 1 pm sale had it

Message 2 of 19
latest reply

Yes, stone cold hassle.

Print the label through USPS click-n-ship. You'll have to upload the tracking manually.

Message 3 of 19
latest reply

Same here! Buyer didn't use Paypal so I can't print from there either. Sold book is hard cover listed in books. 

Message 4 of 19
latest reply

I'm seeing the same thing right now with a sale of a set of books that definitely should qualify for media mail.  eBay shipping shows Media Mail greyed out and the message "Items in this category are not eligible for Media Mail."  The listing's category is "Books & Magazines > Books."  

Hoping it's just a bug that will be cleared up soon...

Message 5 of 19
latest reply

I noticed that from time to time also. Select book.. I'm holding a book...listed it as a book...no media mail 📬☠️

Message 6 of 19
latest reply

I just sold a book and the media mail option was grayed out. Items in the books category are not eligible for media mail according to ebay.

Message 7 of 19
latest reply

@monster-deals wrote:

Yes, stone cold hassle.

Print the label through USPS click-n-ship. You'll have to upload the tracking manually.

last time I checked, Click N Ship didn't offer postage labels for MM.  But you can purchase it at www.PayPal.com/shipnow

Message 8 of 19
latest reply

@localdth wrote:

Same here! Buyer didn't use Paypal so I can't print from there either. Sold book is hard cover listed in books. 

Go to PP and print the label. How your "buyer pays you" does not matter.

Message 9 of 19
latest reply

Hello, I am having the same issue. Just to make sure it was a bug I went back to some of my orders that I shipped out yesterday (books also sent MM) and MM was greyed out there as well. Hopefully it will clear up soon.

Message 10 of 19
latest reply

Yes. Both books I sold that were in the new Books category that ebay moved my nonfiction books to cannot be shipped media mail. That's a pretty large oversight. Textbooks and Audiobooks I can ship media mail, but not Books.

Message 11 of 19
latest reply

Same issue, this morning I listed books and was able to list them with media mail, later this afternoon, I couldn’t find media mail for the listings.. now I’m attempting to ship and it blacked out media mail.. I called eBay and they said they are aware of the issue and are working on it. In the mean time, I’m stuck not being able to ship or list books. Hope it doesn’t take long .

Message 12 of 19
latest reply

Same problem. I’ve been selling books on eBay for 3 years now. This is the worst change eBay has made so far. 

Message 13 of 19
latest reply

Looks like it's working again, both with purchasing/printing labels and with setting up new listings.

Thanks to those at eBay who fixed it!

Message 14 of 19
latest reply

I too was hoping they fixed it - they went ahead and unfixed it later.  Oh well, guess they continue to rain bad news on sellers.

Message 15 of 19
latest reply