cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Media Mail can take more than a month!

Just a heads up — you may want to reconsider using Media Mail for shipping a book or two. I shipped one manual from Southwestern Louisiana to Illinois, and my package arrived to buyer more than a month later!  Crazy!  It departed the post office on Dec. 28 and arrived on Jan. 29. I realize we had a New Year’s and MLK holiday in there, however, I had no idea Media Mail would take over 10 days’ time. Very frustrating situation, so I hope pointing this out saves someone else the frustration and inconvenience down the road! Thanks.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Media Mail can take more than a month!

When I’ve sent MM it takes only a few days. I’ve had priority packages take a month. Years ago a $3.25 priority package to my Mom took 1 year to arrive. It was going 300 miles in Florida, city to city. It went to all 50 states, and hundreds of towns and cities. 😂😂

Patricia
eBay member for 25 years
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

@ex_sparklyhipster wrote:

Just a heads up — you may want to reconsider using Media Mail for shipping a book or two. I shipped one manual from Southwestern Louisiana to Illinois, and my package arrived to buyer more than a month later!  Crazy!  It departed the post office on Dec. 28 and arrived on Jan. 29. I realize we had a New Year’s and MLK holiday in there, however, I had no idea Media Mail would take over 10 days’ time. Very frustrating situation, so I hope pointing this out saves someone else the frustration and inconvenience down the road! Thanks.

You've also had several major snowstorms, along with several days of USPS shutdowns due to the bad weather.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

yup, and so can first class, and priority. 

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Media Mail is the absolute lowest level of priority, which is why it is so cheap.  It goes on trucks when there's room after all of the Priority and First Class packages have been loaded, so yes, sometimes it can take a very long time.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply