cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Massive USPS delays and not scanning of packages in Atlanta ...ebay not mentioning

Request EBAY post a message which is available to all Buyers and Sellers who may have shipments go through the ATLANTA Metro area of processing.  The message should advise everyone as to potential service delays and what EBAY will do to handle this unique and terrible condition.

The USPS opened a new regional processing center in Palmetto, GA about 3 weeks ago.  The facility is on the south side of the metro area.   While marginal, USPS service has gone into the gutter.  Mail is lost, not being processed to any standard and is a flat mess.  A Buyer and Seller who has packages going through this site should be fully aware that service delays will most likely be encountered.  The topic has made the local news networks in ATL daily for the last several days.  It may not YET be a national news story but should.  Be aware!

To make matters worse, the USPS closed or suspended operations at 2 older facilities in the ATL Metro area and reportedly moved / let go over 300 personnel involved in mail processing.  A terrible condition affecting everyone on a national level.   For those living in the ATL Metro area, they are also encountering issues with mail for bills, other personnel issues, etc. being delayed or unknown.  Of course, the USPS indicates everything is great!

If you want more information, please goggle WSB-TV in Atlanta and read the stories.  WSB-TV is one of several local TV stations to ATL. Or just google USPS delayes in Atlanta Ga ( please make sure you filter by time ( the last week ) and there are reports by several stations and a senator is getting involved already .

I personally have 4 packages this week that have yet to be scannned , and i have scases , bvut nothing is happening , i spoke with a over seas rep Jubilee ( she was the supervisor i asked for ) and explained the issue , she stated i ws covered under the ebay protection as i reported the issue ( not sure if this is real or another lie by these 3rd oarty rep . Does anyone have any suggestions , trying to keep my business in good standing . Anyone else having this issue as its all over the news here . 

Message 1 of 71
latest reply
70 REPLIES 70

Massive USPS delays and not scanning of packages in Atlanta ...ebay not mentioning

I live in South Carolina, and luckily I only have one package stuck in Atlanta, it's been 2 weeks and no scans.

I actually filed an insurance claim before I knew about the delays, the buyer has been very understanding.
I think the ebay protection is for the buyer, I do know for the seller, if the scan shows delivered and the buyer states they have not received the item you are covered, but there lies the problem, they are no scan updates.

I would message your buyers about this problem, hopefully if someone files a claim on you, ebay will step in and give you more time.

Message 2 of 71
latest reply

Also, if you have at least one scan to show the USPS has the package, and if you sent it Priority or Ground Advantage Mail you have free insurance, after 15 days you can file a lost package claim. Here is the address to file a claim.

https://onlineclaims.usps.com/OICWeb/?_gl=1*1433x5s*_gcl_au*MTQyMjA2ODQyMi4xNzA5ODA5NzA0*_ga*ODg2NjA....

Message 3 of 71
latest reply

the problem is , if not scanned ( per the USPS ) no there problem they are not paying issurance ... this is crazy .  never had a late parcel or any serious issues like this , yet now this risks my business as three packages today are the last day to show scanned ( so that it shows it was mailed ) they were dropped off monday ... i thought ebay would list ( like storms and other issues ) of delivery problems ? ive seen them , trying to get ebay to realize there is an issue , any suggestions on that

Message 4 of 71
latest reply

Just pasued my entire ebay business as there is no way to get any ebay help for a serious issue that will have major affects to ebay customers ... no other options 

Message 5 of 71
latest reply

That wouldn't be fair to sellers that have packages go through the many other states with slow USPS processing hubs such in Michigan, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Illinois and California to name only a handful.  

Message 6 of 71
latest reply

its pretty bad right now , and not sure what to do ????

Message 7 of 71
latest reply

I've had to apologize and tell my inquiring buyers that it's a time of flux and nearly every USPS facility has a help wanted sign hanging on the door.   The only way I can ship faster is if I use telepathy.  It may also have something to do with it being an election year.  Usually such cataclysmic failures have multiple causes.  

Message 8 of 71
latest reply

Why aren't you having the packages scanned and get a receipt when you drop them off?

Have a safe Memorial Day weekend.
Message 9 of 71
latest reply

ebay is addressing the problem with USPS  packages not being delivered in the following manner:

Buyers not getting their items causes a "bad buyer experience" and as a seller if you have a high bbe rate you will be subject to the following sanctions.

1. Administratively ending or removing listings, 
  2. Adjusting selling limits, 
  3. Holding the payment, 
  4. Enforcing buying or selling restrictions, or 
  5. Suspending the relevant accounts.

Message 10 of 71
latest reply

typical ebay , especially when thisis all over the news

Message 11 of 71
latest reply

please read the news stories ( Nall yoiu have to google is USPS issues atlanta ) ... it will explain whats goinmg on , FYI if you are shipping to or your package goees through Atlanta ... be ready for issues

Message 12 of 71
latest reply

I just went to file a claim on a missing package that I had refunded only to find out that the package that was sent on 2/14 was delivered 3/6 so the buyer gets it free courtesy of the USPS, that really SUCKS.

Message 13 of 71
latest reply

@jasoheat_0 wrote:

Just pasued my entire ebay business as there is no way to get any ebay help for a serious issue that will have major affects to ebay customers ... no other options 

I did that for a month for the same reason, but because of the 2 Houston facilities, not Atlanta. Came back 2/22/24. I have not listed anything new since. I've gone to another venue for pick-up-only items.  

In Houston, it took 3 congressional reps to get 30 additional employees to help with the backlog that began in December 2023.

A local TV station sent 2 Priority packages with AirTags in them, just to see how long it would take to get to their destinations. The first night, the packages went back and forth between the 2 Houston sorting facilities.

USPS said they are implementing their "Delivering for America" plan that's supposed to make things "more efficient".

In Upside-down World, I guess going back and forth across a huge city in an 18-wheeler burning diesel, and not scanning packages that finally get delivered to one of the facilities, is "more efficient", so it's a success. So is ordering and having delivered a sorting machine that was too big to fit in the facility it was ordered for, so sorting by hand was the alternative. 🙄

There's a website that has been documenting these issues all across the country. https://www.savethepostoffice.com/

Like you, all of my packages must go through a city with known USPS facility issues. It should be making national news because taxes, bills, medications and more are being lost or delayed for weeks, but it's not. Only local stations are reporting on it.

If there was not a potential for higher fees, perhaps eBay would care, but there is no incentive to address it when there's a potential for higher fees - unless I'm misunderstanding the seller demerit system. If I am, apologies. 

Message 14 of 71
latest reply

yet now this risks my business as three packages today are the last day to show scanned ( so that it shows it was mailed ) they were dropped off monday ... 

-------------------------------------------------------

Sorry that you are having issues, but the problems in Atlanta do not account for the failure of the initial "acceptance" scan at the office where the packages are dropped off.

Message 15 of 71
latest reply