cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost and refunded package ends up delivered.

I recently made a sale and shipped the item priority. The tracking updated after the first day saying it was arriving late but still on the way. Several days after the estimated delivery date and with no updates from tracking the buyer filed item not received and I informed them that I would contact the post office to check on it. Post office was no help and told me to go online and fill out missing mail app. So I refunded and canceled the order. A few days after filling out the missing mail app the package shows up to the buyer. I offered to pay for return shipping but the buyer still wants the items. What do I need to do? The transaction is canceled with ebay, do I relist it as buy it now for them and hope no one else buys it? 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Lost and refunded package ends up delivered.

The transaction is canceled with ebay, do I relist it as buy it now for them and hope no one else buys it? 

@mbonilla_25 

^^^ Don't do that. You'll be in the same position... you won't have an item to ship (or mark 'Delivered'). Your buyer can pay you through PayPal, if they're willing. Good luck to you.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

They have your address. They can send you a payment.

Money order, or other.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

@mbonilla_25 

Send the buyer an invoice through Pay Pal.

Have a great day
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Contact ebay Customer Service for help with this issue.  They do address it in their online information, but I'd talk to someone in Customer Service by Chat to get to the bottom of it directly.  Be sure to have the tracking information in front of you and refer the Customer Service Agent to view the tracking information during your Chat.  Let us know what you find out.  It is a complicated situation.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply