cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long shipping times

Why does eBay "HIT" a seller for late shipment when it is the glorious almighty mpost office who has screwed up? I just recently got "HIT" for 2 cases. Heres the first one: (Keep in mind that January 25 was a Federal Holiday - MLK Day)

Order details

Time and date Place Message Tuesday, Jan 30, 2018 11:43 AM DEFIANCE , OH DELIVERED IN/AT MAILBOX                               Tuesday, Jan 30, 2018 6:42 AM DEFIANCE , OH ARRIVAL AT UNIT       Sunday, Jan 21, 2018 12:08 PM On its way to DEFIANCE , OH In Transit to Destination             Thursday, Jan 18, 2018 8:08 AM BIRMINGHAM AL DISTRIBUTION CENTER ANNEX Departed USPS Regional Origin Facility Thursday, Jan 18, 2018 8:08 AM BIRMINGHAM , AL PROCESSED THROUGH USPS FACILITY Wednesday, Jan 17, 2018 12:20 PM On its way to DEFIANCE , OH In Transit to Destination Tuesday, Jan 16, 2018 11:20 PM BIRMINGHAM AL DISTRIBUTION CENTER ANNEX Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility Tuesday, Jan 16, 2018 11:20 PM BIRMINGHAM , AL PROCESSED THROUGH USPS FACILITY Tuesday, Jan 16, 2018 4:43 PM ARAB , AL Departed Post Office Tuesday, Jan 16, 2018 4:43 PM ARAB , AL DEPART POST OFFICE Tuesday, Jan 16, 2018 12:33 PM ARAB , AL USPS in possession of item Tuesday, Jan 16, 2018 12:33 PM ARAB , AL ACCEPT OR PICKUP Sunday, Jan 14, 2018 9:59 PM ARAB , AL PRE-SHIPMENT INFO SENT USPS AWAITS ITEM Sunday, Jan 14, 2018 8:59 PM ARAB , AL SHIPPING LBL CREATED USPS AWAITS ITEM
Message 1 of 10
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Long shipping times

Time and date Place Message Monday, Jan 29, 2018 11:23 AM SOUTH JORDAN DELIVERED FRONT DOOR/PORCH Monday, Jan 29, 2018 9:26 AM SOUTH JORDAN OUT FOR DELIVERY Monday, Jan 29, 2018 9:16 AM SOUTH JORDAN SORTING/PROCESSING COMPLETE Monday, Jan 29, 2018 7:58 AM SOUTH JORDAN ARRIVAL AT UNIT Monday, Jan 29, 2018 4:59 AM SALT LAKE CITY DEPART USPS FACILITY Monday, Jan 29, 2018 1:20 AM SALT LAKE CITY PROCESSED THROUGH USPS FACILITY Friday, Jan 26, 2018 7:29 PM SALT LAKE CITY ARRIVE USPS FACILITY Friday, Jan 26, 2018 2:13 AM SALT LAKE CITY ARRIVE USPS FACILITY Friday, Jan 26, 2018 1:45 AM WEST VALLEY CITY DEPART USPS FACILITY Friday, Jan 26, 2018 1:26 AM WEST VALLEY CITY ARRIVE USPS FACILITY Thursday, Jan 25, 2018 8:30 AM DENVER CO NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER Departed USPS Regional Facility Wednesday, Jan 24, 2018 12:00 PM On its way to SOUTH JORDAN , UT In Transit to Destination Tuesday, Jan 23, 2018 5:00 PM MEMPHIS TN NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER Departed USPS Regional Facility Tuesday, Jan 23, 2018 9:52 AM MEMPHIS TN NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility Monday, Jan 22, 2018 5:20 PM ARAB , AL USPS picked up item

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

It's a little hard to follow, but it looks like that first one was not put into USPS possession until Tuesday.  

Do you have one day handling?  If so, it should've been accepted on Monday.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

That particular Monday was a Federal Holiday (MLK Day). No mail service. And yes I have next day processing. 

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

You are supposed to be covered if your acceptance is within your handling time regardless of the ultimate delivery date.

I can't find the link to this, but I have a pic:

On Time.JPG

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Here is a link to the 2015 Seller Update which is all I can find right now 

http://pages.ebay.com/sellerinformation/news/fallupdate2015/seller-standards.html#tab=highlightsTab&...

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

EBay really needs to look deeper into some of these problems. I have no control over the mail and neither does Ebay, but they will penalize the seller if the mail gets delivered late. 

Don't care anymore, I'm putting my cards in white envelopes and a stamp on it. The hell with it.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

@ricksonestophobbyshopwrote:

Why does eBay "HIT" a seller for late shipment when it is the glorious almighty mpost office who has screwed up? I just recently got "HIT" for 2 cases. Heres the first one: (Keep in mind that January 25 was a Federal Holiday - MLK Day)

Don't feel bad after 21 years on ebay I lost my TRS rating due to shipping times. I ship every package the next morning after receiving payment. I pulled the report and verified it and all were linked to 1 day over delivery time by the USPS.

Through the midwest this winter we have had planes shut down, schools, Ice storms and more and the post office failed because of this. It cost me my TRS so I immediately add a small .99 to 1.99 shipping costs to all my listings, no more free shipping. Then I increased my handling time from 1 day to 2 days. Then I moved my returns from 30 days to 14 days.

If ebay makes me pay for USPS mistakes I'll have to pass it on to buyers. So far I'm selling more than I did with TRS. And this will be my last season as a professional ebay seller. Ebay is no longer worth the trouble jumping through hoops and having to deal with the **bleep** they hand out on a daily basis. Years ago I couldn't praise ebay and recommend them enough.  Today I always tell people stay away from selling on ebay and if you want something go to Amazon.

I hope ebay falls flat after this new seller update. If I want an Amazon product based experience I will go where they are professionals in presenting that experience. Ebay has lost its dazzle and most of its old seller who built this company and they are losing another here as well.  I may not be missed but I certainly won't miss ebay.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

If it was scanned within your handling time just call ebay and they will remove the late shipment

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

I hear you brother. I feel the same way. I offer free shipping to be more competitive and I lost my TRS because I was no longer tracking my mailings. I sell baseball cards $0.99 - $1.25. How can I spend $2.66 for tracked shipping on a $0.99 sale???

Message 10 of 10
latest reply