cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Location - Extended Stay Out of State

I am looking to go out of state for a few months and am looking to take the inventory from one of my stores with me and continue to sell. Do I just change the location on all of the listings for the duration of the stay, most of my listings go flat rate and I would prefer that returns go to my permanent residence in 't have to tangle with the host's mail my home state so I don't have to tangle with my host's mail.

Does anyone know?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Location - Extended Stay Out of State

On the shipping label page, you can have a different  "Shipping from" ZIP Code that doesn't match your return address.  So you can use your home address as your return address, but use your host's ZIP Code for "Shipping from," so postage will be calculated correctly.  There's a [change] link right next to your return address on the label preparation form so you can revise the "Shipping from" ZIP Code.

Your listings should show the actual location of your items, whether you're using flat rate or calculated shipping.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

On the shipping label page, you can have a different  "Shipping from" ZIP Code that doesn't match your return address.  So you can use your home address as your return address, but use your host's ZIP Code for "Shipping from," so postage will be calculated correctly.  There's a [change] link right next to your return address on the label preparation form so you can revise the "Shipping from" ZIP Code.

Your listings should show the actual location of your items, whether you're using flat rate or calculated shipping.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Thanks SO MUCH!

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Check out the adresses section of my account. You can add a different ship from address there. I would think that would also change the item location in the listing. You can just leave the returns shipping address the same if you do not want to change that. Then just switch the address back when you return.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply