cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Local pick up = Free shipping?

I've been selling walnut lumber. I have quite a bit of it for sale so I offered local pick up in case some one wants to buy a lot of it or is close. A new buyer has bought one piece. He's from six states away and choose local pick up. He paid the amount with no shipping cost added and now EBay is telling me to print a shipping label and every thing has free shipping plastered all over it. The listing still has local pick up but some how they managed to turn it into free shipping!

I sent the guy a message asking when he's going to pick it up but I have a feeling I'm about to get reamed.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

First, go cheange the shipping back to local pick up before someone expects it to be shipped.

eBay telling you to ship is just a computer that says this after every sold item so feel free to ignore it.

Local pick up rules should be stated.  Payment in cash only and pick up in no less than (insert how long you will wait).  No payment upon pick up?  Open an unpaid item dispute.

Good Moms let you lick the Beaters.

Great Moms turn them off first.
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

I looked at the listing. Nothing wrong with it. Local pick up offered box is checked. Along with the normal shipping services. This buyer has zero feedback. He sent the cost of the item minus the shipping. It says on my sold page free shipping just because this person choose local pick up. It's telling me to ship the item. All this must be confusing to a new buyer. Ebay is screwed up. I tried to contact them to bring this problem up but can't jump through all of their hoops to even get a phone number!

Does any one know a phone number I can call?

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I finally jumped through enough hoops to get a phone number for EBay.

I opened up a whole can of worms. This was all totally EBay's fault. Some sort of glitch in their system. Imagine that! I explained to the agent that this guy is not at fault. He's brand new and eventually clicked on options until he found the cheapest way, free. The system let him do it and now this buyer is sitting there thinking his item is on it's way.

They told me to just cancel the sale but I refused to do that. Maybe this guy still wants the item.

I told the agent that if I cancel the sale it will be a defect for me. He assured me it wouldn't but I told him I was sceptical because of past experiences. Rather than doing that I told him this is EBay's mess and they should fix it. It was agreed that when they get it straightened out the buyer can cancel the sale if he wants and I'll refund. Or if he still wants it to pay the shipping and I'll send it.

What kind of message is this sending to new buyers?

Sellers beware of offering local pickup!

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

You are right, for sure you will get a defect if you use oos. There are other options for cancelling that wont give you a defect..thats at buyers request, or problem with buyers address.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

If eBay made the error, ebay should pay for it. 

If you as the seller made the error, they would fully expect you to pay for it.

"Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything" Colin Kaepernick the new face of NIKE
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@marinermikes wrote:

I finally jumped through enough hoops to get a phone number for EBay.

I opened up a whole can of worms. This was all totally EBay's fault. Some sort of glitch in their system. Imagine that! I explained to the agent that this guy is not at fault. He's brand new and eventually clicked on options until he found the cheapest way, free. The system let him do it and now this buyer is sitting there thinking his item is on it's way.

They told me to just cancel the sale but I refused to do that. Maybe this guy still wants the item.

I told the agent that if I cancel the sale it will be a defect for me. He assured me it wouldn't but I told him I was sceptical because of past experiences. Rather than doing that I told him this is EBay's mess and they should fix it. It was agreed that when they get it straightened out the buyer can cancel the sale if he wants and I'll refund. Or if he still wants it to pay the shipping and I'll send it.

What kind of message is this sending to new buyers?

Sellers beware of offering local pi

I had glich  with local pickup  with system asking for up load tracking    . when I always done based On policy to  write in tracking box local pickup. So I got a defect  in shipping tracking upload, It took me 3 months to get it removed .   Like  you I was told  by ebay   it was their fault .

Message 7 of 7
latest reply