cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Listing Dimensions & Weight Question

Hello, 

I am new to selling on Ebay. I am not based in US so I am choosing the "standard international postage" option on my listings. So the question is this: is it a must to write down the item dimensions and weight of the item that you're selling or can I still charge for shipping costs without them?

Thanks

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Listing Dimensions & Weight Question

Since you will be entering a flat rate cost to ship there is no need to enter the weight and dimensions in your listing.  You will need to have an idea of the package's weight etc. in order to figure out how much to charge for shipping but it doesn't need to be entered.

Keep in mind that the domestic shipping section on the .com listing page is for shipping to the US so you should use one of the generic economy, standard or expedited shipping from outside of the US in the domestic section.  The generic standard, economy or expedited international shipping will be used for all other countries.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

First of all I would like to thank you for your detailed reply.

Can you confirm for me if these settings are good? I'm based in Europe so I'm using ebay UK.

I am still concerned about the domestic shipping because there are 2 other options which I think would suit best for flate rate shipping without having to write down weight and dimensions, below are the other options:

Can you help me please choose these options to avoid breaking any ebay rules? 

Thank you!

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

In your first image you should be choosing economy or standard shipping from outside the UK.  The option for "Flat rate freight" is for sellers within the UK who are shipping items that are too large and heavy for regular couriers.  This is the discussion board for users on ebay.com, which is the US site. You would probably get better replies if you go to

https://community.ebay.co.uk/

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Flat rate freight should not be used but many of the options for ‘shipping from outside of the UK ‘ would be fine. If your packages to the UK will be tracked and if they will take the estimated 2-5 business days to be delivered then that should work for you.  The standard delivery from outside the UK choice may work better if you think the postal service may be slower.  

I think that speed pack is a service people use when shipping from certain parts of Asia.  

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Yes, I just realised that I can use the ebay Uk community site 😅 Thanks though 

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Thank you so much for your reply!

There are some options for shipping outside of the UK but the problem is that they don't have tracking number and I would like to provide tracking number for my shipments.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

@kinetic-autoparts 

The shipping from outside of the UK is not an actual shipping service.  It is a generic term used to say that you are shipping from another country. You choose which method you want to show in your listing based on the delivery time shown to the UK.  

First you decide  which service you are going to use based on your country’s shipping services.  Then if that shipping service takes 3-10 days to the UK you pick the match  one of shipping from outside of the UK ‘ options that show a similar estimated delivery date.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

I have picked "economy delivery from outside the UK" because it shows  10-22 working days and the shipping company says it takes at least 10 working days to deliver. The only difference is that this shipping option shown in the previous picture is "Tracking included: No" but my shipments do include a tracking a number.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply