cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Late shipment rate affected because ebay doesn't account for holidays

Have a couple of sales that were on holiday weekends.  Normally I catch this, but they were holidays I have to work and I don't realize that it was a holiday. I generate shipping labels and after the fact, realize that on the ship date, the post office is closed. Ebay didn't allow for the holiday.

Now I'm gonna be late on shipment and getting slammed. Why can't ebay either account for holidays in shipping times or disregard if it happens.

WC1956

Yes I could have voided the labels, but I get tired of waiting for refunds from ebay and its a waste of supplies. So don't tell me I should do that.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Late shipment rate affected because ebay doesn't account for holidays

@wc1956 Ebay does count for holiday weekends (sometimes after the fact) and if your late shipment happens to show up on your report and it was truly because of the holiday the system usually corrects itself after some time, in my own personal experience. I had shipments over this past holiday weekend and had no issues at all for not shipping them on Monday.  I know sometimes the ship date is incorrect in the system, that happens to me as well but I pay no mind to it because its one of the many kinks of the system. 

If you miss a ship date because of a holiday and you are worried about the date on the printed label it doesn't matter. As long as you ship within a few days of printing I have never had a problem with the label being bad. Sometimes my packages don't get scanned until their final destination days later after mailing it. 

Hope this helps!

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

I'll wait to see if it corrects. I print labels daily, even on weekends, so I know about shipping date versus printing dates. I usually date them for the actual shipping date.
Wayne
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

@wc1956,

If you received a late shipping defect on your dashboard because of the postal holiday call customer service and have it removed.   I've printed labels on the Saturdays of 3 day holiday weekends and not received defects or had problems with the USPS, over the label date.  Though eBay seems to have messed up about the Presidents Day weekend.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I have a 1-day handling time, and have received orders on a Friday-Saturday-Sunday- Monday (when the holiday landed on Monday) and I ship on Tuesday, and have never been dinged.

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

eBay does not give a late shipment based on the date of the label. It is based on your handling time and when the label was scanned.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply