cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Late Shipment Rates

Hey All,

Is anyone else having issues with an increase in late shipment rate notices? I ship my items typically the same day or within the next business day as required. I know there have been issues with our post office delivering/scanning mail on time due to varies reasons, with the weather being the biggest culprit. I haven't had any complaints from buyers that there was a problem. My late shipment notices from eBay say it is because the post office shows a late shipment.  How can I control if the post office has failed to deliver/scan packages on time?  Now, these late shipment rates stay on my sellers report for a year.

Is it just me or this happening to others. Is there anything that can be done about it? Is it possible to have these late shipment rates removed sooner than waiting a year for them to drop off?

Thanks 

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Re: Late Shipment Rates

OH ! for what it's worth --- the "Guaranteed Delivery" spiel is only showing on some of your listings.
Message 16 of 20
latest reply

@domin-tomas wrote:

I never heard of this before. What is with this dinging if the mail is delivered late? I have been here for a good few years and this I never heard of. Could someone give a brief lowdown on this. Thanks in advance.

it is part of the seller statistics, which if they drop too low causes sellers to pay higher fees to ebay.  on seller hub you will see stats section, tracking info uploaded on time, etc.  it shows the statistics there that ebay uses to determine seller level

Message 17 of 20
latest reply

Hey, thanks. I will have to look into that.

Message 18 of 20
latest reply

Thank you! I just changed all my listings to 3-day handling time. I will still send them the same or next day. I hope that helps the late shipment rate dings.  🙂 

I appreciate your help. Thank you so much!

Message 19 of 20
latest reply

It's a garbage statistic.  My late shipment rate is, LOL, apparently 27.78%.  I don't ship anything later than my 3 day handling time, ever. 

All of these so-called late shipments come because my postperson didn't scan the item on pickup so it didn't get scanned until it it was enroute or arrived at the destination city, or because my eBay sold listings are not updated via PayPal when I purchase shipping until I do it manually.   So, even though the item has usually arrived to the buyer by this time, eBay counts as if I shipped when I entered the tracking information that eBay's $#%! website didn't auto-update like it is supposed to.

I don't have time like some other sellers apparently do to wait in line at the PO or manually update the tracking on my listings when the PayPal shipping doesn't update the eBay listing on it's own.

P.S.  I have never had a buyer report a shipment late and my feedback is 100%.

Message 20 of 20
latest reply