cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item that went out Media but Return came Priority

Get a fake SNAD on a book that was shipped Media Mail.

Return comes Priority...how is the buyer able to to choose Priority when I don't enable that as a shipping option?

All returns priority, have I just never noticed this before?

I mean I wouldn't have noticed unless the buyer shipped the book back in a tyvek Priority bag...miraculously arriving with no damage. I don't know how that happened but lucky me there I guess.

Even without using Media Mail the book weighed 2lbs buyer picks more expensive Priority instead of a Flat Rate envelope?

What even goes on here with returns?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Item that went out Media but Return came Priority

@robot-hands, here's what eBay policy says about return shipping labels.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/managing-returns-refunds/return-shipping-for-sellers?id=4703

You'll be charged for the label once it's scanned at the post office. Return shipping labels don't include insurance. If you want return shipping to be insured, see our section on alternative return shipping options.

Return shipping costs when you use an eBay label

When you're responsible for return shipping costs, we charge your PayPal account if you ship the item using an eBay shipping label. We may ask you to accept a billing agreement to authorize payment for these kinds of charges.

Any time you use an eBay return shipping label, returns are shipped by either USPS First-Class or Priority Mail, depending on the item's cost, package weight, and delivery time. In some instances, return shipping charges are estimated rather than based on the actual weight of the package. These charges are based on rates eBay negotiated with the USPS and are typically less than what you would pay at the post office for the same item.

If the expected shipping charges exceed the expected refund or the refund value of a replacement or exchange, an eBay return shipping label won't be available.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Oh joy of joys. More work and hoops to jump to keep from throwing extra money at fake SNADs

Looks like the ebay one size fits all clustelf business. Getting super sick of it creeping into every aspect of selling here.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

@robot-hands wrote:

What even goes on here with returns?

I have always been under the impression that the return shipping costs eBay charges us for a SNAD are less than or equal to the original shipping costs, regardless of how the buyer packages and ships the item.   I seem to recall a statement from eBay that said this ... but, of course, eBay frequently changes policies without telling us.

So, I'm curious, looking at your invoice, how does the return shipping cost compare with what you paid?

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Huh?  If you supplied a return label then wouldn't one have control over the shipping method?

If the buyer sent it back on their own dime and sent it priority mail, then that is a win for you, no?

Can requiring a RMA be a way that one can insure that they issue a label rather than ebay?

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

There is no such thing as a media mail return label.  eBay issued them a Priority mail return label instead.  You don't pay more for the return label than you did originally. 

Message 6 of 6
latest reply