cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item stuck on "tracking number has been provided"

I just ordered a SD card reader for my Chromebook and it was marked as shipped but 2 days later it still remains as "a tracking number has been provided". Does this mean the seller hasn't shipped it yet, the seller doesn't provide tracking but somewhat added a number, or is it a scam?

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Item stuck on "tracking number has been provided"

I have contacted the seller too. They never responded.

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Does this mean the seller hasn't shipped it yet, the seller doesn't provide tracking but somewhat added a number, or is it a scam?

@phoenixbarriger 

Maybe it hasn't been shipped yet. If a "tracking number has been provided", then it appears that the seller added Tracking. Really too soon to tell if it's a scam... but if you don't receive the item by one day past the Estimated Delivery date on the order, you can open an Item Not Received claim. Good luck.

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

@phoenixbarriger wrote:

I just ordered a SD card reader for my Chromebook and it was marked as shipped but 2 days later it still remains as "a tracking number has been provided". Does this mean the seller hasn't shipped it yet, the seller doesn't provide tracking but somewhat added a number, or is it a scam?

No, it doesn’t mean the seller hasn’t shipped. It only means the PO didn’t scan. No scam either. The PO these says are either short staffed or don’t bother scanning. I’m dealing with the exact issue. 
But that’s besides the point. All you really need to concern yourself with , is the estimated date of delivery. If the item does not arrive by the last estimated date. You can open an item not received through eBays Money Back Guarantee. Money Back Guarantee 

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Ok. Maybe I'm just being impatient. 😕

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

@phoenixbarriger wrote:

Ok. Maybe I'm just being impatient. 😕

I’m a seller, I’ve noticed some of the items I ship out don’t get scanned. But they do eventually get a scan once they reach the destination. Usually 5-7 days. I ship media mail so it is some what slower than First Class..  Hang in there. 

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

Others covered possible scenarios from seller that hasn't shipped yet to PO not scanning. I'll add this:

I'm in the same boat right now. I bought an item from a seller - they posted a tracking number last weekend and there are no tracking scans as of today.

The seller's FB had a neg from an impatient buyer and seller's response to the neg was they had a 3 biz day handling time. I believe that seller starting providing tracking numbers same day to avoid all the "when are you going to ship" questions from buyers.

Today is 5 biz days. Could be the seller extended their handling time, could be they shipped days ago but no scans yet. Handling time is visible on fixed price listings, but not auctions - this was an auction win. Estimated delivery is tomorrow. I'm not worried about it.

I'm going to give it a full week past estimated delivery. If no scans and no package then I will contact the seller. If the seller doesn't respond within 2 biz days I will file an item not received claim on the 3rd biz day after contacting them.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 7 of 13
latest reply

UPDATE: They finally replied...this was their message:

"Thank you for reaching out.
Please don't worry it will be delivered to you within estimated delivery time.
Your order was shipped via USPS FCM Letter with Auto system generated tracking no in Yellow Mailer due to low cost items and the estimated delivery date is Jan 20, 2023. Thank you"

Chances are, I may get it, but the tracking will be very screwy.

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

This sounds like you purchased from an overseas seller, most likely China, and if the SD card was a name brand like SanDisk it might be counterfeit. I don't want to make assumptions here, but you should inspect the seller, the listing, the seller's feedback and the item when it eventually arrives.

From where did it ship @phoenixbarriger? What's the location on the listing?

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 9 of 13
latest reply

It's actually an US seller, the product is listed as unbranded, and the location is Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States.

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

I think I found the seller. I'm assuming the shipment is either untracked with a postage stamp or has some sort of add-on like LetterTrack.

GLORIOUS!

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

Most likely

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

@wastingtime101 @ebooksdiva @mtgraves7984 

Well, I finally got my item. It works...kinda. It came with both the USB port and a micro USB port. The USB port works great, but the micro USB port is a bit clunky and you got to make it work. Yeah...I'm gonna keep it, but I'm not really sure if I'll buy anything else from that seller again.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply