cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item stuck in transit

Not sure if I'm making a storm in a teacup here, but I'm worried about an item that was shipped to me last week. It was moving along smoothly with good tracking updates until it hit Folcroft PA.  The item has come to a grinding halt with no updates for 4 days now. Another item from a different seller bought a day before has already arrived in my country (New Zealand). Is it normal for delays like this to happen? Apparently ebay items with the ESUS tracking numbers are not physically scanned by usps, just by sorting machines. In fact if I enter the tracking number into the usps tracking page it says it's an invalid tracking number! It's not though, because I can see ebay updates until it hit Folcroft. I'm worried because clearly theres no point calling usps if they don't recognize the ebay tracking numbers. If they can't see it how can they investigate it. 

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Item stuck in transit

The situation you described (going to New Zealand with an ESUS number pausing at Foxcroft) is going through USPS to Ascendia (they have a consolidation center in Foxcroft, PA) , then to NZ Customs, then to  another carrier for the final mile delivery in NZ.   It's not unusual at all to see a pause at Foxcroft as Ascendia does it's pre-trans-Pacific package consolidation and Customs pre-clearance.  It's way too early to worry. 

ESUS numbers are "umbrella" numbers that all the various shippers'  tracking numbers point back to (each shipper assigns it's own number) -- which is why USPS doesn't have ESUS numbers in their system.

If you weren't given the USPS tracking number, the seller was using Ebay International Standard Delivery  (as opposed to USPS where it's one number all the way, or the new Ebay International Shipping which is supposed to give both USPS and ESUS numbers to buyers). 

That's just the way EISD worked before it was killed a couple days ago - ebay never sent the initial USPS number or any subsequent tracking numbers to buyers -- all buyers saw was the ESUS number.

The original shipping label the seller prints when using Ebay's International shipping services always has had 2 numbers to start with - a USPS number (which tracks it from the seller to which ever international shipping consolidator in the US that Ebay has assigned it to - like Ascendia, DHL, SkyPostal, etc) and the ESUS number.

You can use the Parcelsapp website to get more tracking information than Ebay will give you.  Just use the ESUS number there, and you'll see the original USPS tracking number, as well as all the other tracking numbers as they're assigned to your package along it's journey to you. 

Message 2 of 19
latest reply

Item stuck in transit

Yes, it's completely normal @pomool1.

You can track ESUS numbers here: https://parcelsapp.com/en

No need to babysit tracking. Wait for the estimated delivery date. If nothing arrives by the estimated delivery date then look into the tracking to see if there's an indication of what's going on.

Message 3 of 19
latest reply

Item stuck in transit

Thank you for the reply. I found the usps tracking number and it tells me the item has been delivered! It didn't even leave the US.  I'm hoping that just means it's been delivered to another shipping agent. Could that be the case? 

Screenshot_20230530-121514_Chrome.jpg

Message 4 of 19
latest reply

Item stuck in transit

Surely anyone picking an item up has to show ID, and the package would show it had an international destination. 

Message 5 of 19
latest reply

Item stuck in transit

You need to be patient with the new Ebay international program.   Once it leaves the country, it gets a new tracking #. Of course, that number is NOT valid in www.usps.com.   I have a box still travelling to Canada from NY.  It's been 3 weeks.  If you go to My Purchases, find the transaction, you should be able to see the new tracking number and the company that will be delivering it to you.  I say don't go crazy looking every day. Not everything gets scanned everyday.

Message 6 of 19
latest reply

Item stuck in transit

It's not an EIS (eBay International Shipping) shipment @ms.rodriguez* because EIS tracking begins with EEUS.

OP said this tracking begins with ESUS which means it was shipped one of 2 methods: ESE (eBay Standard Envelope) for domestic coins, trading cards, etc or EISD (eBay International Standard Delivery).

Since OP is in New Zealand, it should be an EISD shipment with an ESUS tracking number.

The problem @pomool1 is there's no EISD hub in Philadelphia. Are you sure there wasn't a typo in the number you entered on the USPS site?

Message 7 of 19
latest reply

Item stuck in transit

The tracking number I recieved from ebay was an ESUS number. I could also see the usps number on Parcelsapp. It was shipped first class international via ebay. When I put that number into the usps tracking page  I got the (in screenshot above) message that it had been "delivered". My question is surely that must be wrong. I hope it simply means it's been picked up to be taken to the next destination. Am I wrong thinking this? 

Message 8 of 19
latest reply

Item stuck in transit

That was a final delivery by USPS and to my knowledge there is no EISD hub in PA. So it doesn't look right to me.

I would bring it to the seller's attention because they can compare the PA delivery location to the address on the label. If seller needs help they can come here and we'll help them figure it out.

Message 9 of 19
latest reply

Item stuck in transit

If you're willing @pomool1 could you PM the ESUS tracking number to me? I could take a look and let you know if I see anything odd one way or another.

That USPS screenshot confirms it went to a post office in Philly to be picked up. While I suppose it's possible that's correct, with hundreds of EISD shipments I've never seen a report of a hub in Philly.

Message 10 of 19
latest reply

Item stuck in transit

I have ordered stuff from Ebay (shipped to NZ from US) and the seller used Ebay international standard delivery. I checked the tracking number on parcelsapp and the last update was 

Processed by US carrier ELK GROVE VILLAGE, IL, 60007, United States

and it’s been weeks. Should I be worried 

Message 11 of 19
latest reply

Item stuck in transit

@jinjutasaisakare_0 wrote:

It’s been weeks. Should I be worried 

You should be focussed on the last estimated date of delivery for your item.  What happens between the date when the seller sends off your item and that delivery date is out of your control and mostly irrelevant.

If the last estimated date of delivery has passed, yes, you should be concerned and you should be trying to recover your funds.  If that date hasn't passed yet, keep an eye on your calendar in case you do need to file an "item not received" case with eBay.

Message 12 of 19
latest reply

Item stuck in transit

Thanks!! The estimated date of delivery is 2 months after the seller shipped the item (vidk why it takes so long) and I have 5 more days until that set date.

Message 13 of 19
latest reply

Item stuck in transit

there are a number f EISD hubs in PA where I am from

the asendia hub in folcroft is one of them

lindberg blvd is also in PA by the Philly airport

I have shipped many many eisd packages to hubs in PA and NY

@wastingtime101 

Germantown proud Germantown strong
up the whiskey hickon
moving right along
Message 14 of 19
latest reply

Item stuck in transit

@jinjutasaisakare_0 wrote:

I have ordered stuff from Ebay (shipped to NZ from US) and the seller used Ebay international standard delivery. I checked the tracking number on parcelsapp and the last update was 

Processed by US carrier ELK GROVE VILLAGE, IL, 60007, United States

and it’s been weeks. Should I be worried 

Are you @pomool1 using a different ID or are you posting with a similar question @jinjutasaisakare_0?

Elk Grove Village is one of the most common EISD hubs. It can take a couple weeks to ship internationally once it hits the hub. How long exactly has it been sitting at the hub?

You have 30 days from the latest estimated delivery date to file a claim (so if there was an estimated delivery range when you filed, look at the later date and add 30 days).

Message 15 of 19
latest reply