cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item sold, buyer wants to switch to Fedex - No option to add insurance in "Send Invoice"

Laptop sold for $780. Listed it with USPS. Buyer wants to use Fedex. Did this before with a cheap item in the past so I know what to do. Went to Send Invoice and selected FedEx for the new method of shipping. Looked for shipping options/Insurance/ etc.  Nothing?

How do I add insurance?

See screen shot.

Thanks.

Screen Shot 2023-03-22 at 9.07.36 AM.png

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Item sold, buyer wants to switch to Fedex - No option to add insurance in "Send Invoice&quo

It would go under "Adjustment."

Technically, sellers are not supposed to charge buyers separately for insurance; they are supposed to include it in the item's asking price or in "Shipping and handling."  Insurance benefits the seller, not the buyer, because the buyer is already covered for loss and damage under  eBay's buyer protection  policy, which they call the "Money Back Guarantee":

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy...

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Re: Item sold, buyer wants to switch to Fedex - No option to add insurance in "Send Invoice&quo

Correct. I had that setup in the USPS label. But with switching to Fedex, per the buyer's request,  I need to pick Fedex's option for insurance. It's not there. 

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

It doesn't matter what you call it on the invoice; you could even add it to the line for the FedEx charge (i.e., add the insurance cost on top of the $15.75).  You only need to specify insurance when you're purchasing the shipping label, not on the invoice.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

You MUST have SIGNATURE CONFIRMATION on any items that sell for 750.oo inorder to have SELLER PROTECTION. IF you can NOT get a signature confirmation through FED EX, that is why your buyer wants you to use FED EX so that they can say that they never got it.    You pay for signature confirmation out of your own pocket.   If you can't do it through FED Ex, tell buyer sorry but you can't use FED EX.  Ship it USPS or cancel the transaction if the buyer does not want USPS.  

Message 5 of 5
latest reply