cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item not delivered case opened with item delivered

I have had the oddest case today and was hoping I could get some clarification from someone with some experience in oddeties.  Customer opened a case for an item not delivered late morning today since the USPS tracking said delivered on Monday (Labor Day).  I asked if it was a possibility it would be delivered today since it was a holiday yesterday and to let me know when they got their mail  so I could re ship their order today if they still had not recieved the package.  So many hours went by with no response so  I re did their order and was getting ready for my daily run to the P.O..  I get a message that they did get the item today and wanted to return the item because they were expecting canvas not a poster in angry writing.  At this point it was a case for not delivered so there was nothing I could do about a return so I called CS and bluntly asked for some help on this case.  I sell unstretched canvas reproductions on ebay and rarely ever have problems and they are usually easy to deal with but this customer did not read the description and was expecting a high quality reproduction pre stretched and ready to be hung for $27.99 and assumed it was a poster since it was in a tube.   I stretch locally with no shipping for $75.   The CS rep took care of the case and closed the case in my favor and told me I could give her to option to open a case as a return or if I wanted to be very nice go ahead and tell her to open not as described and let her know I would be willing to pay for the return.  I did exactly that and have not heard anything from the customer for many hours.  She seems pretty set on leaving negative feed back at the start of any issues but with her not delivered case closed in my favor it specifically says I cannot be affected by seller performance on this case and all negative feed back will be removed.  Am I really blocked from getting a negative on this order or just this case?  This is the first time I've had an issue with a customer thinking I was selling stretched and ready to be hung pieces for $28 bucks.  I'm under priced selling my pieces un stretched anyways so I can build my online reputation.  The shipping and stretching bars without counting my time cost more than that since I use SS hardware and real pine.  That is not something I want to get into over the mail.  Thanks in advance for any advice of how well I am protected on this case.  

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Item not delivered case opened with item delivered

You are safe from getting a negative feedback. When you win the case, the buyer loses the right to leave feedback 🙂

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Just FYI, I sell some stretched, ready to hang canvas reproductions in various sizes and prices, but some of them are less than $28.  Mine also have lights in them. 

----------------------------
Successful and experienced seller since 1997, over 70,000 feedback, boardie since the boards were begun.
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Can't compete with that using high quality inks, German and U.S. material.  But definately good to know.  I would have loved to check out your inventory but that's just your board ID 😛

Message 4 of 4
latest reply