cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item Not received / Refunded / Eventually arrived

Hi All,

I need some advice.

I sent an item (computer memory) to a customer on 12th March.

On 14th April, they filed a not received case.

I refunded the full amount on 15th April.

Last night (6th May), I received a lovely message from them saying that they eventually received the item, and that they would like to pay me for it. They have also left positive feedback for the item as well.

How do I proceed? I don't see any way within the eBay system to accept payment for the goods at this stage.

Any advice warmly received.

Richard.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@hazykid 

There is no way to do this through eBay since they were refunded.

You can message them to send the money through your PayPal email address.  They should still have your original payment in their past activity statement.  If not, you could give them your email address.

...and thank them for their honesty and support.

I love to hear good endings to what was once a unhappy situation. 

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

@hazykid 

There is no way to do this through eBay since they were refunded.

You can message them to send the money through your PayPal email address.  They should still have your original payment in their past activity statement.  If not, you could give them your email address.

...and thank them for their honesty and support.

I love to hear good endings to what was once a unhappy situation. 

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Thanks for your response @hurryagain. I did get back to them and we'll take it from there. With the current situation, I'm surprised that this isn't happening more often, and it would be nice to see something on eBay - especially as non-deliveries do eventually impact seller status.
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

@hazykid 

Great to hear!

Enjoy your day.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Yes, this is an area that is not dealt with by eBay. I have had these situations happen with in the past month, often. USPS is going wonky in trajectories of shipments. This could be our new normal. I will use the suggestion of going through Pay Pal. Thanks for the tips!!
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Same situation here. I asked the buyer to refuse or return to sender. They responded with an offer to pay for the time and then I never heard back. I don’t know if I should report them or just let it go. 

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

I would just let it go if it less than $10. You can also send them an invoice via PayPal if you have their email address. Good Luck
Message 7 of 7
latest reply