cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there anyway to win bogus INAD/SNAD cases anymore?

Long story short I get a lot of these and am getting tired of them. I do not accept returns, which per ebay rules means I do for everything but buyer's remorse. I just got yet another bogus return request. Buyer filed under item doesn't work. In the return request they say they "ordered the wrong part". In the past I could easily win these cases but lately ebay has been telling me no matter what I have to accept returns for INAD/SNAD cases even if they are filed wrongly. 

When I called this time they told me the same thing. Told me to accept the return and refund the buyer once the item is returned. I can they appeal and if I win they will not only give me back the shipping cost, but also refund my cost of the item. I even asked again to make sure I understood them clearly on this and they confirmed. Only problem is I have been told this before and once the item was returned I was told, you have the item back, just resell it, we aren't giving you, your money back.

It seems about 75% of my INAD/SNAD returns are from people filing buyer's remorse cases and most of them are so obvious the buyer's out themselves of there intent in the messages yet I am still forced to keep having to accept these returns and get marks on my seller service metrics for doing absolutely nothing wrong.  Not too long ago I had a really good success rate on these types of returns but lately ebay seems to have taken a direct stance of no matter what the reason a SNAD/INAD case I now lose. Maybe I'm talking to the wrong department but a part of me feels I just don't make ebay enough money for them to care about my issues as a seller. 

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Is there anyway to win bogus INAD/SNAD cases anymore?

@bgt_masters_of_tiki_d wrote:

In the past I could easily win these cases but lately ebay has been telling me no matter what I have to accept returns for INAD/SNAD cases even if they are filed wrongly. 

eBay's policies have changed recently.

As a Top Rated Seller, eBay provides you with some measure of compensation for false SNADs ... specifically, you have the option to get reimbursed up to $6 for return shipping for a false SNAD.  The buyer should also get a ding on their record for filing a false MBG claim.

https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/seller-updates/2019-fall/seller-protections.html

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Thank you for the link, that explains it. Doesn't really seem to be an improvement. Many of the items I sell are well over $6 shipping with some being $50-$150. They might as well just removed the "No Returns" option altogether (as its false advertising) if buyers can just abuse INAD/SNAD without even trying to hide what they are doing. So if I sell an item that cost $50 to ship and get a bogus return I am out a total of $96 in shipping costs alone, not to mention paypal fees. That $6 really does nothing for me. 

The representative I talked to said after I get the item back and refund the buyer I can then appeal the case. She said its clearly buyer's remorse since they stated they just bought the wrong part. From experience do you know if its true that if I win the case I get refunded the full amount of the sale? That is what she told me, but I've been told that before and it was all smoke and mirrors to get me to go away and when I get the item back in the past I was just told to resell the item to get back some of the money I lost instead of the full refund I was promised. 

I've been buying/selling for well over 10 years on ebay (probably closer to 20), and have went all in this part year doing it full time investing a lot of money and time in storage and product but with this sudden change in how they handle all of these buyer's remorse returns I am seriously thinking about trying other sites and moving elsewhere. I would much prefer I stick to what I am familiar with but if there are other options that might better suit my store I would be foolish not to.  Its frustrating because I spent so much time building my stores. I'm an honest seller who takes pride in what I sell and all I ask is a little more say in how I run my business.  

Whats even more frustrating is some of the other sellers I have talked to that are anchor or higher don't seem to have the same problems I do getting treated better, more fairly.  

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

The problem of false SNADs has been so much worse since eBay introduced the auto-acceptance of returns. The reason these buyers are choosing SNAD or "doesn't work" is because they don't understand the law and assume they get to change their minds when they buy anything at all from anyone. If a private seller had "no returns" auto-ticked, then the buyer isn't even given the option of "doesn't fit" or "changed mind" or anything else that covers buyer remorse, so they pick what is available to them in the return drop-down, which invariably leads to you having to auto-pay a return label and also auto taking the hit for a SNAD or faulty product which isn't. Sadly the eBay system is failing private sellers in this way. 

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I don’t believe that’s true.  Even if the seller has a no return policy, buyers are still given the option of requesting a return and choosing a ‘remorse’ reason.  If the seller  doesn’t accept returns, they can chose to refuse the return when a remorse reason is chosen.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

@bgt_masters_of_tiki_d   Stop using the No returns accepted setting ... I have no clue why that's still on the listing form(s) because the work around for Buyers is the INAD/SNAD return ...

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

I don’t believe that’s true.  Even if the seller has a no return policy, buyers are still given the option of requesting a return and choosing a ‘remorse’ reason.  If the seller  doesn’t accept returns, they can chose to refuse the return when a remorse reason is chosen.

This would be correct. I do still get some honest people who don't try and work around the returns. And it does give me the option to decline or accept a return. My main concern and the reason for my thread is ebay's lack of caring for handling cases where a buyer will bluntly admit there is nothing wrong with the item they just either no longer want/need it, found it cheaper, ordered wrong thing or changed their mind.  

Message 7 of 7
latest reply