cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is USPS backed up?

I ordered a necklace for as a Christmas gift for someone. The expected delivery was November 30. It is now December 2 and I still have not received it. The seller provided a tracking number and it was shipped. The last known place that it was at was the USPS sorting facility in Warrendale, PA on November 25. Since then, it has said in transit to destination. It has not said that it has arrived at my post office. Is USPS backed up because of the holidays? I don't need the necklace right away, but it would be nice to get updates on where it is at. I hope USPS didn't lose it. 

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Re: Is USPS backed up?

I contacted the seller and put typed in the tracking number on the USPS website. It says that my item is delayed. As of November 29 it says in transit to destination. It hasn't updated since then. The seller is going to try and find out where it is. I understand that this the busiest time of for the postal service, but you would think that they would be better prepared for this after the increase in online shopping over the last 10-15 years. Like I said it's not that big of a deal since Christmas is still 3 weeks away, but it would be nice to get updates on where my item is at. 

Message 16 of 21
latest reply

@kbalb93 wrote:

I contacted the seller and put typed in the tracking number on the USPS website. It says that my item is delayed. As of November 29 it says in transit to destination. It hasn't updated since then. The seller is going to try and find out where it is. I understand that this the busiest time of for the postal service, but you would think that they would be better prepared for this after the increase in online shopping over the last 10-15 years. Like I said it's not that big of a deal since Christmas is still 3 weeks away, but it would be nice to get updates on where my item is at. 

Better prepared how when they were forced to close sorting centers and let go thousands due to Congress demanding the pention being fully funded for the next 75 years?  (fyi that is a 5.5 billion dollar a year payment) And Congress also controls the purse strings.

Message 17 of 21
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Capture.JPGMost of mine incoming Packages 18 total say Delivery Date Unknown, 3 say intransit delayed . Its that time of year.

Message 18 of 21
latest reply

I have three that show that even though they show at my local distribution center and should be here today.

They changed the website an few months ago and it is infinitely worse than it was.  Far, far less infornmation and what they do show is less detailed and accurate.

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 19 of 21
latest reply

I talked to my post man yesterday. He said he has been working 16 hour days lately. The majority has been delivering packages

Message 20 of 21
latest reply

There should be at least three more scans showing between these two.  Sometimes there are four or five.

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 21 of 21
latest reply