cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International item returned to sender. Now what?

An experienced  international buyer purchased an item from me and had me send it by International First Class.  It was reported as "Held for Pickup." at the local post office.  After 30 days without any contact or feedback from the buyer, I left feedback for her, assuming she just was one of those who don't leave feedback.

I have since received the intact package as Return to Sender with a sticker indicating that the customer never picked it up from the PO or paid the duties. 

I have yet to hear back from a message to the buyer.  Assuming that I don't in a reasonable timeframe, what then?  I sold the item because I wanted it gone.  At what point to I consider it a closed case and am free to relist the item?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: International item returned to sender. Now what?

The buyer could be in the hospital, maybe passed away, maybe has a tragedy in life that needs attention, etc.

If this happened with me, I would try to cancel the sale, indicating problem with the address.    This will refund money to the buyer and credit your fees.

Then, relist it.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

relist it now. This is what happens when you are a honest seller and click merchandise instead of Gift or Commercial sample.. Being Honest and right does not feel good does it?

Bubba Redneck
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

The buyer could be in the hospital, maybe passed away, maybe has a tragedy in life that needs attention, etc.

If this happened with me, I would try to cancel the sale, indicating problem with the address.    This will refund money to the buyer and credit your fees.

Then, relist it.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Finally heard back from the seller that she had overlooked this shipment. She suggested an arrangement that was acceptable to me, so a happy ending for all!

Thanks everyone!
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

With us (Thailand) 30 days. Your only issue here is whether the buyer files an ' Item not received. ' Which the eBay bots will clear immediately and you'll lose. You will then have to call eBay directly and that is where the real fun starts.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply