cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International Shipping Program

Trying to find answers since ebay nor the reps that call are ever able to provide any. I was previously enrolled in the Global Shipping Program and did so successfully for many years. Now that ebay has gone and changed the program not a single customer that is International has been able to purchase any of my items. I have spoken with multiple reps on this WHO ACKNOWLEDGE that everything within my side is set up CORRECTLY yet there is something...a flaw, an ISSUE but don't worry....rest assured, we are creating this magical TICKET....it will cause the next higher level to respond and resolve your issue....WHAT A JOKE!

According to all that I have read and heard within my Business Policies I have to have International shipping turned off ( I do) otherwise I'm responsible to ship to that country myself. I just want the system to work the way it did before, I ship to ebay and they to them.

This have been going on now since about March, exactly when I received notice that my store has automatically been switched over and enrolled. Ever since covid was released I feel ebay has completely abandoned the sellers on this platform and never been able to get the kind of service or support as before. Is anyone else having these issues as well?

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

@mikesmilitarymachines wrote:

Now that ebay has gone and changed the program not a single customer that is International has been able to purchase any of my items.

Are you receiving messages from buyers saying they're unable to purchase?

Or are you assuming they're unable to purchase since your international sales have dropped off?

This listing shows eIS shipping: 394839612965

So does this one: 373870359779

Your patch listings do not. I am assuming many of your items are blocked from eIS because they're military collectibles.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 2 of 18
latest reply

Yes, have received at least a dozen customers since March stating they want to purchase my items but ask why I will not ship to them. I've also seen zero sales since the NEW plan rolled out and previously I shipped to Erlanger KY at least 3x a month. I tell the customer that I'm enrolled into ebays program and it should work but all they say is that it will not allow them....why or what is blocking I have no idea. I reach out to ebay as I stated above and they agree, something is wrong even though they agree my settings are correct and will get back to me.....NOTHING.

I could see possibly the last thing you posted about my items being military collectibles being the issue. Never was before but knowing how ebay is I could see that being the cause.

Message 3 of 18
latest reply

Curious to know how you are seeing EIS shipping for those items at your end?

Message 4 of 18
latest reply

I just turned EIS off and going to give this 24hrs and try to turn back on and see if that changes anything.

Message 5 of 18
latest reply

This is how I have a shipping Policy set it and it works for Buy It Now but for Auctions it does not allow eBay International Shipping.

stephenmorgan_0-1693504582423.png

For Auctions I had to use this Shipping Policy.

stephenmorgan_1-1693504714874.png

Message 6 of 18
latest reply

shipping....... see datails

Just need to change from current us zip code and enter a foreign country.

Message 7 of 18
latest reply

That will put you into shipping directly, and you will need to enter "international shipping" details as shown in stsphenmorgan screenshot

Message 8 of 18
latest reply

Here is the deal, not sure if I'm clear on this. I PERSONALLY do not wish to ship to International Addresses, I do however wish to remain in THE PROGRAM that ebay created where I ship to them (wherever that is now) and they ship to the International address. From what I have read and understand if I go and change my settings stating I ship International that means I have to ship to that country and that is not what I'm wanting to do.

Message 9 of 18
latest reply

Yes, If you don't want to ship internationally you male sure your listings say NO international shipping.

Then in your shipping preferences for your account you Opt into eBays international program.

This will mean eBay will act as a freight forwarder. You only ship domestically.

If you get a complaint by a buyer. Open the listing in question and go to shipping details, (viewing as a customer) and change the location to an outside country. It will quote you eBays international shipping price.

If it only shows United States like it does right now then it's not working.

Message 10 of 18
latest reply

I could see possibly the last thing you posted about my items being military collectibles being the issue. Never was before but knowing how ebay is I could see that being the cause.

We've seen eIS more strict with blocks than GSP was @mikesmilitarymachines .

Even though the OP temporarily opted out of eIS elizabeth@ebay can you check with the eIS team if the reason none of their patch listings and many of their tank model toys qualified is because they're blocking certain types of military collectibles? It's not specifically outlined in the restricted items list on the eIS help page, but that's not a comprehensive list of the blocks. CS has been giving the OP a bit of a run around.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 11 of 18
latest reply

@stephenmorgan 

I do see auction listings that are using EIS so I'm not sure why your auctions are not showing EIS.

Message 12 of 18
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

@stephenmorgan 

I do see auction listings that are using EIS so I'm not sure why your auctions are not showing EIS.

It's been hit or miss with auction format @pjcdn2005 . We have not yet heard back from eBay with any details. See this discussion:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Shipping/EIS-not-showing-up-on-listings/m-p/33937480#M455070

GLORIOUS!

Message 13 of 18
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

We've seen eIS more strict with blocks than GSP was @mikesmilitarymachines .

Even though the OP temporarily opted out of eIS elizabeth@ebay can you check with the eIS team if the reason none of their patch listings and many of their tank model toys qualified is because they're blocking certain types of military collectibles? It's not specifically outlined in the restricted items list on the eIS help page, but that's not a comprehensive list of the blocks. CS has been giving the OP a bit of a run around.

Hi @mikesmilitarymachines and @wastingtime101. I'll reach out to the proper team to see if we can get some insight, and will follow up with their reply. 

Elizabeth,
eBay
Message 14 of 18
latest reply

Thanks elizabeth@ebay . It's been very difficult trying to help sellers like the OP because their items were GSP eligible but are now being blocked by eIS. When the reason for the block isn't clear from the help pages it becomes a guessing game: why is it blocked, is it an error, etc. We all spend a lot of time and often end up with no answers, only guesses.

GLORIOUS!

Message 15 of 18
latest reply