cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International Shipping Hub Glendale Heights stalled progress

I am hoping someone can help getting hold of the right people to sort my international shipping hub freight issue.

I am the purchaser

Today is 29/03/2024 the parcel hasn’t moved for nearly 4 week. Customer services keep wanting me to contact seller but he cannot do anything as it has arrived at the International Hub. I have no tracking number for international part of travel. It is caught in no man’s land. Who can I contact to help sort out this mess!!!

IMG_3160 2.png

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Scroll higher on that screen and you will see an estimated delivery date @harrynz-2012 . If the item does not arrive by the estimated delivery date you can file a claim.

Instructions: https://www.ebay.com/help/buying/returns-refunds/get-help-item-hasnt-arrived?id=4042

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

It went from one eBay hub to another eBay hub. 4 weeks is a long time.

File an item not received on the day after the item is suppose to arrive....per "estimated date of arrival".

And that's basically it. Emails to seller and eBay won't solve anything at this point.

There is a slight chance it is on route but has not been scanned after the hubs. I have gotten items from Macao all the time with tracking "going dark". But that 4 weeks puzzles me.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

@12345jamesstamps wrote:

It went from one eBay hub to another eBay hub.

No it didn't @12345jamesstamps . I realize you've posted numerous times that there's an eIS hub in Carol Stream, but there is not.

There is one hub in IL in Glendale Heights and the post office local to that hub is in Carol Stream which is why there will be a scan in that city before it's delivered to Glendale Heights.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Carl Stream is an international Hub for lots of packages of various shippers to other countries...as which some go to Glendale Heights(eBay). Although it may not be a registered eBay hub it is a hub nevertheless where eBay packages sometimes hit before on to Glendale Heights or back and forth in limbo. If package did not go to a registered eBay hub...maybe package would have been delivered by now.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Thanks everyone for your replies. You were correct eBay never helped find the item at the international hub. I had to wait until arrival time came around and they paid out in full on my purchase price including freight costs. I really wanted the item so was disappointed that it went missing. It was nothing to do with the seller but eBay kept going back to them for answers. The whole thing must be automated so it doesn’t matter what you say!!!!

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

@harrynz-2012 

For what it's worth, I've had one package scanned repeatedly by Carol Stream (never getting to Glendale Heights) and another bounce back and forth between Carol Stream and Glendale Heights with notations like those you posted ("left with individual" or "available for pick-up").  And this is on a just a handful of eIS shipments through Glendale Heights.

Every time I see "Carol Stream" or "Glendale Heights" I get anxious. The link between them seems to be less than fully reliable.

Mike

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

I've never had a problem.

Sometimes delivery fails due to Saturday delivery attempt and the package bounce back to carol and show avaliable for pickup and then be delivered next business day.

Never had an issue with it. All packages have been successfully delivered to hub.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply