cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International SNAD

Buyer opened a SNAD return request, she is in Poland. $120 item + $25 or so shipping (not GSP).

Her claim is that it "smells bad". It doesn't. It was as new item, freshly dry cleaned, it did not smell of anything whatsoever. In the past smell SNADS were not covered by Money Bakc Guarantee, but things have changed, as most of us know.

I called ebay and they told me that they can't escalate until Tuesday. He would not tell me if I would win or lose. 

There is no way to purchase return label through ebay. FEDEX quotes me $100. Buyer barely speaks English. 

I am a no-returns seller. (not that it matters, lol)

I feel like this is the abuse of ebay money back guarantee, yet ebay will likely do nothing about it. They will probably approve the return and when I don't provide the label, they will just take my money.

I offered her a partial of $30 to dry clean it and she refused. I think she just doesn't want it anymore.

What can I do to escape the situation with minimal damage?

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

International SNAD

See if you can find the cost for the buyer to ship the item back here based on the size and weight of your item and if it is worth returning based on the shipping costs:

http://www.polish-post.pl/international-mail/parcels/post-parcel/

If it is worth it to you to get your item back then send that amount to your buyer via Goods & Services through Paypal. Also make sure you send your buyer a message through eBay messaging informing you've done so.      Once you do, call ebay and inform they you have done so and that will get the return clock going.  If the buyer doesn't return after 5 business days, call eBay and request the return be closed in your favor.   Then open an INR dispute in Paypal for the money you send the buyer and Paypal will give it back to you.  (Make SURE you send the funds via  Goods and Services and not Friends and Family).  You cannot open a dispute money send via F & F. 

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

International SNAD

SNAD is an international tactic for getting items free because of the high return shipping cost.  

Let this burn in real good, learn your lesson from this negative experience & don't sell items overseas. 

It's a complete waste of time & money as is eBay for that matter.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

International SNAD

You can either accept a return & send her the return shipping cost via paypal as a goods & services payment or you can issue a full refund without a return. And if you escalate, you will lose. So don't do that. 

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

International SNAD

See if you can find the cost for the buyer to ship the item back here based on the size and weight of your item and if it is worth returning based on the shipping costs:

http://www.polish-post.pl/international-mail/parcels/post-parcel/

If it is worth it to you to get your item back then send that amount to your buyer via Goods & Services through Paypal. Also make sure you send your buyer a message through eBay messaging informing you've done so.      Once you do, call ebay and inform they you have done so and that will get the return clock going.  If the buyer doesn't return after 5 business days, call eBay and request the return be closed in your favor.   Then open an INR dispute in Paypal for the money you send the buyer and Paypal will give it back to you.  (Make SURE you send the funds via  Goods and Services and not Friends and Family).  You cannot open a dispute money send via F & F. 

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

International SNAD

I think more Americans should use the SNAD International scam so they can take advantage of other countries.  I know they are doing it to us. Who knows what type of stuff you can SNAD for free.  These poor sellers on eBay sure as heck can't affort the return shipping & if eBay is gonna be stupidly stubborn about it's policy, why not take advantage of it.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

International SNAD

@grayirongolf wrote:

I think more Americans should use the SNAD International scam so they can take advantage of other countries.  I know they are doing it to us. Who knows what type of stuff you can SNAD for free.  These poor sellers on eBay sure as heck can't affort the return shipping & if eBay is gonna be stupidly stubborn about it's policy, why not take advantage of it.

What makes you think Americans aren’t already doing this? There are plenty of threads from international sellers who get hit with SNADs from US buyers. But they have an advantage because they can buy a USPS label from shippo and send it to the buyer. 

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

International SNAD

Thank you, you are very helpful. If I am readying this correctly, the price to ship it back would be around $12, I probably can live with that.
We'll see how it goes and what she replies.
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

International SNAD

Sorry you are dealing with this; good luck!

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

International SNAD

US buyers are guilty too, a buyer and seller of barcode scanners purchased three I had listed on ebay clearly described and classified as "Not working; for parts only, untested, no batteries and no returns", yet they started a returns process because they were "not as described", purportedly due to the items having faulty triggers - so basically which part of untested, not working and for parts only was incorrect!!??

Anyway, clearly this buyer knows how to play the ebay system to the full because I then found that after contacting ebay several times during the process, ebay advised me to accept the return, then ebay suggest you raise a complaint for abuse of the return process once you receive them, only to then find out they refund the buyer in full regardless, you're also hit for return postage costs, then finally ebay reject your appeals and all......basically you're wasting your time raising it with them...….you're screwed, best accept it........WOW!!!

Furthermore after spending $50 for a battery (during the return transit period) so that I could power them up once I received them back (I could smell a rat), I then find each one has faults more glaring than having any faulty triggers (i.e. dud LCD screens), but curiously that was not mentioned by the buyer, suggesting more than very strongly that parts were swapped over...…..and yet ebay say they can't (or won't) do anything.

In summary- screwed by the buyer with full assistance of ebay…...yes it's an open licence for buyers to screw you for the lot and there's nothing you can do about.....THE BUYER WINS.....THE BUYER WINS......THE BUYER WINS......THE SELLER LOSES...…..THE SELLER LOSES...…..THE SELLER LOSES...…..SO ONCE AGAIN YOU'RE SCREWED, BE WARNED!!!!!!

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

International SNAD

Hi everyone,

Due to the length of time that has passed since this thread began, we have locked it from future replies. If this is still an issue that warrants discussion, don't hesitate to begin a new thread here.

Thanks.
Message 10 of 10
latest reply