cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Impossible to file claim with Shipcover

I'm a seller and recently had an item lost in the mail. It was covered by Shipcover. There is literally no way to file a Shipcover claim on my end. Shipcover.com FAQ says, "Under "View order details," click the "File Insurance Claim" link, fill out the information and click submit. That's it." Nope. There's no link there, talked to a phone rep and she agreed there should be one, and advised me to have the buyer open a claim against me, which will get Paypal involved and have them trying to remove funds from any available account and probably overdrawing my bank accounts, again.

The rep claimed eBay and Shipcover are not connected, so they can't offer customer service for Shipcover. This is nonsense. Shipcover IS eBay. Why does eBay sell insurance and then give absolutely no way to file a claim?

Also, guess what happens when you go to shipcover.com and click the Contact Us link? This: https://www.pipinsure.com/ShipCoverContacts.aspx Yes, a 403 error. Way to go, eBay.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Impossible to file claim with Shipcover

Hello - Please see the instructions below on how to file a claim through your Shipping Labels section.  If you have any questions, feel free to contact us directly.  Thank you.

1. Go to My eBay > Activity > Sell.
  2. In the Sell section, click Shipping labels.
  3. Find the shipping label for the item.
  4. In the More Actions drop-down menu, select Create Claim.
  5. Follow the on-screen instructions.
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Yes, as I said above I followed those instructions and there is no option to "Create Claim." As I also said, I contacted phone support and they said they have no idea why and offer no option except to report it to the IT team and wait for them to fix it, which they warned may take anywhere between 24 hours to a month.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Hello again - Unfortunately, if you're not seeing "create a claim", the package was not insured with ShipCover.  You can find our contact information at our website for Parcel Insurance Plan.  Please contact us via email with your policy number and we can help you better.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

I have two Priority Mail packages that were lost and I refunded buyers. Also, I'm a Top Rated Seller.  There are no options for filing a claim for Shipcover in shipping labels. 

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

I meet the requirements for Shipcover insurance. I have two Priority Mail packages that were lost and I refunded buyers. Also, I'm a Top Rated Seller.  There are no options for filing a claim for Shipcover in shipping labels.  When I click on both of the "more actions" tabs it only gives me the option to "Print Packing Slip".   

Can someone please look into this? Because, I believe it is some kind of error. 

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Not sure how to contact shipcover, left a message at the shipcover site.  But unable to use shipcover & I have probably shipped out over 1000 items without being able to add insurance with shipcover.  & would have for most of those.  However when I add shipcover insurance to the ebay label it glitches & says label not available.  I saw that a few other sellers were having the same problem. Luckily there has been no issues in over 8 months or more, but is there any way I can once again use shipcover to send my items??   I decided to ask because there are so many glitches within ebay right now, maybe it was just a wierd glitch. Please Help

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

I 've been happy with pirate ship for shipping and insurance--$100 with priority mail.

Just another option is you can't get the shipcover to work.

Here's a link

https://www.pirateship.com/rates

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply