cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If I set the shipping setting not specified in some country?

Hello

I am seller and shipping policy 

in some country is set like this

"This item will ship to Australia, but the seller has not specified shipping options. Contact the seller- opens in a new window or tab  and request a shipping method to your location."

After this message on my ad, how should I indicate the buyer to purchase item as seller?

The buyer just saw the message that the seller does not ship to your country on the process...

Thank you for help in advance.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: If I set the shipping setting not specified in some country?

I only looked at one sold listing of yours.

You are located in Japan.  That one listing stated

Ships to:
United States, Europe, Asia, Canada, Mexico, Australia

If you are shipping to those locations you need to specify the shipping cost, so the buyer will know ahead of time what the total sale will cost.  I ship to a limited number of countries, but I use Calculated Shipping, so the buyer pays by weight/distance.  I don't know if you can use Calculated Shipping in Japan.  If not, then you can use Flat Rate shipping (same price regardless of which country is buyer is from).

If the buyer needs to contact you for the shipping cost, find that out and reply to the message.  If the buyer ends up purchasing the item, you can then send an Invoice withe the agreed upon shipping cost.

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

You would have to go the listing that your buyer is put in an international shipping method and price for Australia or wherever they are.  You would use the generic 'standard or economy international shipping'.

It is better though when you ship to other countries that you add in a price at the time that you list.  Buyers do not want to wait to find out a shipping cost from you...they will just go to another listing that has a shipping price already listed.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Thank you for advise,disneyshopper
I would like to estimate cost after inquiry in specific country because remote area option fee may be applied.
This makes things complex...
Then I should send paypal invoice out side of ebay...?
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Then I should send paypal invoice out side of ebay...?

No, use ebay to send the Invoice.

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Thank you for advise,pjcdn2005

In some country our carrier set the remote charge per zip code...

So I could not set them...

Anyway thanks :)

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

>No, use ebay to send the Invoice.
Buyer says that she saw the message like "the seller does not ship to your country"
I should have set shipping as inquiry before purchase in buyer's country besides already set shipping cost in other countries
So there is another problem...?

Anyway, thank you for advise
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

If the seller hasn't specified the shipping cost to a particular country but the Payment & Shipping Tab indicates that they are willing to ship to that country, I recommend contacting them prior to bidding or committing to the purchase. 

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 8 of 8
latest reply