cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I sold a blank cassette tape and ebay says it is a restricted item.

Hello,

I sold a blank cassette tape and ebay says it is a restricted item per the email:

Dear homers*attic,

We are contacting you regarding Order Number *********** shipped to ************ via eBay international standard delivery, tracking number #**********.

Per the email:

"Our shipping partners have notified us that the package cannot be delivered due to Restricted/Prohibited Item. These issues can include custom restrictions, country sanctions, brand restrictions or eBay program restrictions.

Please note that the item is being returned to you. If it is not listed below, we will add tracking for the return shipment to the eBay transaction once it is available. If you have additional questions, please contact eBay customer service.

Return eBay international standard delivery ID #**************************.

You will not be charged for the eBay international standard delivery shipping label or the return label.

We ask that that you complete the following:
  • Ensure the return address specified on your eBay account is accurate. Check now
  • Upon receipt of each item, please promptly refund your customer. Order and item detail links can be found on your Orders page.

We apologize for the inconvenience. Fortunately, this return will present an opportunity to relist the item(s) again. Thank you for helping your customers. We are glad to have you as a part of eBay and wish you the best in future sales on the site.

Sincerely,
The eBay Shipping Team"

I have received the item back, but the tracking does not show it has been returned to me, and I have no idea how to receive a credit for the ebay fees, or how to refund the buyer. I made a good-faith refund for the blank cassette tape, but I don't want to take a hit for the ($20+) shipping.

What am I required to do here?

Thank you.

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: I sold a blank cassette tape and ebay says it is a restricted item.

@postingid7659 wrote:

Stop shipping them through eBay. 

Yes, I realize that revamping my entire business is an option. 

Message 16 of 18
latest reply

If you shipped a blank cassette tape via media mail then then is your problem. 

You can ship full album cassettes or recordable tapes with content on them. 

You aren't allowed to ship blank cassettes, VHS, CD's, etc with nothing on them. 

Message 17 of 18
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 18 of 18
latest reply