cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I shipped in time but USPS didn't deliver in time

Today I received a request for a refund saying the package I sent April 6 never arrived, and that the buyer didn't receive a tracking number. I did ship with a tracking number that the buyer should have on their purchase eBay page. I checked the tracking and it shows it as far as April 10 (4 days ago), and says it's on its way to the next location, but then no more. I sent the buyer the tracking number with a message to please give it 3 more days, and then let me know if it hasn't arrived. The  buyer never replied, but just responded with a negative feedback saying that the item never arrived. I sent the buyer another message saying that I I have no control over the USPS mail. I also filled out a form with USPS to see if they would check on the package. Then I asked eBay if they would remove the negative.

This is how eBay replied:

We’ve looked carefully at this feedback and see that it doesn’t qualify for removal.
Feedback is a way to let our members share their experiences with other members. Feedback that breaches the feedback policy may be removed by eBay. We won't remove feedback on the grounds that a seller believes a comment is untrue or undeserved. eBay to please remove the negative but they refused.

Update: I just received a call from the postmaster in the town where this buyer is located. He told me that this Covid-19 is holding up the mail delivery, because so many workers are out due to illness. The mail will eventually get there, just late. So I am going to let both the buyer and eBay know what I just was informed. Maybe this will clear this matter up, I hope.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: I shipped in time but USPS didn't deliver in time

If eBay refuses to remove the negative feedback as per what has been indicated; then when all is said & done(whenever package does get delivered and all is settled there), perhaps responding to the feedback left by the buyer is the way to go to clarify what happened.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Did the buyer open an item not received request? If they did ask eBay to put an extension on it. eBay will extend the amount of time you have to resolve the case if tracking shows movement within the last 5 days for a domestic shipment.

When the package does arrive that would be the time to appeal the negative because at that point the tracking will confirm delivery.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Thanks for your information. Buyer asked for a refund, because it should have arrived 4 days ago. On that case, it said I needed to resolve it by April 17, but the buyer didn't wait before firing me a neg. After I filed a form with USPS asking about the delay, immediately I received a phone call from the postmaster in the buyer's town telling me about the many delays in mail due to fewer postal workers because of Covid-19. I sent the info to my buyer in a message hoping they will read it and talk with their postmaster. Hopefully they will! You all keep safe!
Message 4 of 4
latest reply