cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I really really really really hate this new print label page!

After much testing, cussing, trail & error and voided labels, I thought I finally had this new label page figured out. Now it's only printing only half a page, the label prints correctly but the adjacent page is missing! I have no idea what is going on or how to fix it. CS is no help at all. Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Thanks everyone for all the suggestions, I will try them out the next time I have another sale, probably in about 2 weeks! Thanks again

View Best Answer in original post

Message 8 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

@vanman1029 wrote:

After much testing, cussing, trail & error and voided labels, I thought I finally had this new label page figured out. Now it's only printing only half a page, the label prints correctly but the adjacent page is missing! I have no idea what is going on or how to fix it. CS is no help at all. Any suggestions?

I'm not sure what you want, but if you want to print the "receipt and instructions" on the page with the shipping label, then:

1. On the shipping page, right side under the cost, you will see a link for "change format".   Click it.
  2. On the pop-up box, you will see a check mark to activate "add receipt and instructions".   Check that, and you should be good to go.
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

I don't use shipping labels. So I can't be of any help to you . I'm not technologically advanced enough to use such devices !! So I don't own any 😨 !! But I'm sure you will figure out all that technology that people seem to think is required to sell on Ebay !! Good Luck

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

They say you can manipulate the url to get back to classic printing. When you go to print a customer's label the URL should have something similar to this: change the 'new_label?' part to 'back_to_classic?' and that should take you back to the old way.

https://gslblui.ebay.com/gslblui/new_label?transId=

While some don't like change, generally it's for the better. Personally I don't mind it so much, maybe give it a try and see if you don't come to like the new method better then the old. Good luck!
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Other then the missing Address (please include) ...I would say Clip (Scissors Required ) and Ship it or Staple it or Glue it.a bit of tape may be required....HOPE this message Helps???

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

@vanman1029 

In the  past I have  had  similar issues with  "funky" looking  label print outs - partial  label  printings, very  large  label printing (like 4 page for 1  label, etc (on both the old classic  labels & the new format).  Here are some things that might help.  Just  for a reference point - We  are running Windows 7, with Firefox  as  our default browser & IE as a secondary browser.   We used HP inkjet printers - all-in-one (used to  have a  Office jet 4315 but it died  after many year of use),  as  of two weeks ago now  have a HP desk jet  3755 all-in-one (on  sale for  $60)  - not a big volume  seller and don't need a monster printer on our  desk - room is  scarce.   And for  certain I ain't no tech savvy geek - in college i  had a compute  class that involved Fortran programming & IBM punch  cards (ions ago) - my degree was basically in Mechanical (Automotive) Engineering in teh  1963 - 67  era just about the time of the  social Revolution and moved to Chicago after graduation.

Here is what I did that  cured my ills - don't  ask me  which one  did the trick because I did all 3 after consulting  with a friend that is  much more  "geeky" that moi.

1.  Make  certain your internet  browser (s) and Adobe Acrobat are  up to  date.

If yo u have a secondary  browser try printing a label from that  browser - this  has solved my immediate printing issue but we  prefer  Firefox as a browser- so I  did all the rest of this stuff.

2.  Clear out  your  internet browsing history & cookies, etc. - good idea to  do this on a regular  bases- have mine  set to do this automatically every  day.

3.  Run a  a malware software - I use Malwarebytes.org - you  can  get a "free" down load that  works  real well and you will  get  hassles to  sign up for  the Premium edition - I just  ignore - cause I'm  cheap.

Hope this  helps - don't think if you do  all three of these things it will screw up any thing.

CIAO! & Pura Vida!

"I have the right to remain silent but I didn't have the ability." Ron White, Fritch, Texas
"Stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution." A. Einstein
The Devil made me do it! - Flip Wilson
If the band can only play loud - they ain't no good - peps too J.R. Johnson
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Think the OP was  just masking out  private information  addresses, tracking number on the pic -  good call  on their part

"I have the right to remain silent but I didn't have the ability." Ron White, Fritch, Texas
"Stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution." A. Einstein
The Devil made me do it! - Flip Wilson
If the band can only play loud - they ain't no good - peps too J.R. Johnson
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Thanks everyone for all the suggestions, I will try them out the next time I have another sale, probably in about 2 weeks! Thanks again

Message 8 of 8
latest reply