cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I purchased Priority Mail for an item that is forever in 'in transit'--how to put in Insurance Claim

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: I purchased Priority Mail for an item that is forever in 'in transit'--how to put in Insurance C

When you send an item priority mail it is automatically insured. Go to your local post office with the tracking number and receipt, then tell the clerk that the item was never delivered and you want to file an insurance claim.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Re: I purchased Priority Mail for an item that is forever in 'in transit'--how to put in Insurance C

Here's how to file your claim online, including a chart which shows how long you have to wait before filing, depending on the service.

https://www.usps.com/help/claims.htm

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

How long is forever?  You need to wait at least a few days after the latest estimated arrival date. Also , if you are the buyer, you need to file an item not received claim.   The insurance claim is for the seller to file, not you. Buyers have the Ebay Money Back Guarantee.    Wait a few more days before contacting the seller. The post office is closed on Monday.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Waiting at least a few days as suggested  is too soon. It's not long enough. You file after 15 days and before 60 days.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply