cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need some assistance.

EBay last week removed the shipping prices on almost every item I can look for, and only 5 to 8 at best have the normal shipping charges, everything else I have to ask for the seller to update the shipping quote. Does anyone know how to deal with this, or has eBay done something?

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

I need some assistance.

It could be the categories you regularly shop are restricted from using eBay International Shipping (eIS).

When a category is restricted and the seller offers eIS, you'll frequently see that message about asking the seller for shipping. At that point it's up to the seller if they are willing to ship direct to Serbia or not.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

I need some assistance.

Do the sellers ship to your country?

Have a great day
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

I need some assistance.

It says that the seller will ship to Serbia, just have to ask them for the shipping quote. Did that with two sellers and eBay simply refused to update the shipping. 

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

I need some assistance.

Strange. I made 3 purchases just fine prior to that, last one was on the third of January, the shipping prices disappearing happened on tuesday, the day this was posted, I made another purchase that same tuesday, because the price was shown on that listing. Yet if I search any other it doesn't show, except for a few.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

I need some assistance.

Right, which as I mentioned, could be a new eIS restriction that wasn't in place earlier.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

I need some assistance.

Just seems very strange to me. Did eBay release the statement on the restriction? The categories I buy from are Action Figures.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

I need some assistance.

eBay does not make announcements about changes like that.

I knew you were going to say action figures or something similar. Based on your avatar and eBay's recent eIS restrictions on toys because of Europe's CE certification regulations, I made the guess.

UK buyers were hit the hardest by this. I looked it up and Serbia does have CE mark regulations in place, as well.

That's my best guess at the blocks you're running into.

GLORIOUS!

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

I need some assistance.

I see. That makes a lot more sense now. Still find it strange it took place now tho

Message 9 of 9
latest reply