cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm sorry, but for some reason I don't see the announcement that USPS Media Mail increased...

can someone point out where it states Media Mail is going from $3.49 to $3.65?

When is this lunacy going to end???????????????????????????

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Announcements/2023-Shipping-Carrier-Rate-Changes/ba-p/33473166

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: I'm sorry, but for some reason I don't see the announcement that USPS Media Mail increased...

The announcement couldn't cover every change.  You can see the current rates here:

http://pe.usps.com/cpim/ftp/manuals/dmm300/notice123.pdf

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Re: I'm sorry, but for some reason I don't see the announcement that USPS Media Mail increased...

@james8728 ,

How is it lunacy for postage rates to go up? Like prices for everything else over time they tend to go up. The USPS like every business and individual seen gas prices, wages, and most everything else cost more over time. All one need to do is look at what things cost 5, 10, 15, 20, or 30 years ago to know that pretty much everything goes up over time. Houses, stocks, cars, food, rent, postage, wages, and etc. have all gone up.

Any successful seller will pass those costs on to the consumer just like the post office just did. I plan on raising my shipping fees I charge this weekend when I have time. 

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

@james8728 wrote:

When is this lunacy going to end?

What lunacy?  The postal changes have been everywhere in the media for months.  And although inflation is a tad high, it is not necessarily lunacy and is the result of many, many intersecting factors.  What is lunacy is to blame the inflation on any one political figure or any one political party.

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

using my math skills it looks like it has gone up less than 5%

a 16 cent increase on $3.49 is small

@james8728 

Germantown proud Germantown strong
up the whiskey hickon
moving right along
Message 5 of 13
latest reply

@m60driver wrote:

@james8728 wrote:

When is this lunacy going to end?

What lunacy?  The postal changes have been everywhere in the media for months.  And although inflation is a tad high, it is not necessarily lunacy and is the result of many, many intersecting factors.  What is lunacy is to blame the inflation on any one political figure or any one political party.

Well, I do blame DeJoy. The current POTUS should remove him from office, asap. 

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

@theteamsetguy wrote:

@james8728 ,

How is it lunacy for postage rates to go up? Like prices for everything else over time they tend to go up. The USPS like every business and individual seen gas prices, wages, and most everything else cost more over time. All one need to do is look at what things cost 5, 10, 15, 20, or 30 years ago to know that pretty much everything goes up over time. Houses, stocks, cars, food, rent, postage, wages, and etc. have all gone up.

Any successful seller will pass those costs on to the consumer just like the post office just did. I plan on raising my shipping fees I charge this weekend when I have time. 

What I'm trying to say is that in Ebay's announcement of shipping increases... they FAILED to mention the increase in Media Mail. Which is used by many. 

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Do you blame DeJoy for many 1st class parcels and media mail items being delivered in 2 -4 days to zone 8?  Do you blame DeJoy for the much better holiday deliveries for most sellers? 

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Price increases are NEVER ever going to end. Here is a heads up.   Jot it down.  There will be another holiday surcharge in Oct and it will last into the 3rd week in January 2024. Then the next day, new postal increases start.   This has been the trend for the last 3-4 years, increases in Jan. and in Oct.  Now let's pray that they do not mess with it again and add surcharges to the bigger boxes like they did last April. 

All that you can do is to continue to raise your prices.  The buyers will also know that postal rates are increasing.

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

I agree, DeJoy is failing the USPS, and it's customers when it comes to MM. The category should be eliminated. It is one of the money losers. USPS hemorrhages $$$, and MM is one of the culprits.

It costs USPS no less to transport 20 lbs of books (or other MM) than it does to transport a 20 lb widget. Cost should be the same.

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

@james8728 ,

The Postmaster General is not appointed by the POTUS. The POTUS can't fire or remove Dejoy. 

The U.S. Postal Service Board of Governors has sole authority to hire and fire the postmaster general, the highest position in the organization.

The U.S. Postal Service Board of Governors is a bipartisan body is the only one that can't remove the Dejoy. 

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

"The U.S. Postal Service Board of Governors is a bipartisan body is the only one that can't remove the Dejoy. "

I think what theteamsetguy was trying to say, was that the U. S. Postal Service Board of Governors is a bipartisan body & is the only one that CAN remove Dejoy.

And, while it is a bipartisan body, the majority of members are Republican -- and Dejoy was appointed by a Republican.

Just follow the dots, okay?

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

@buyselljack2016 wrote:

I agree, DeJoy is failing the USPS, and it's customers when it comes to MM. The category should be eliminated. It is one of the money losers. USPS hemorrhages $$$, and MM is one of the culprits.

It costs USPS no less to transport 20 lbs of books (or other MM) than it does to transport a 20 lb widget. Cost should be the same.

They don't need to make MM go away .. they just need to make it a permit only based shipping option like they did with Bound Printed Matter. Cut out all the abuse while the legal users pay a yearly permit and have to declare what they are shipping on a form and follow all the rules.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply