cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I just dropped off the package at USPS but they didn't give me a receipt ,it's that normal?

Hi everyone.

I just dropped off the package at USPS but they didn't give me a receipt and didn't even scan it. Just dopped it into a box that with other package.

PS :  I shipped with USPS first class pkg ( printed label from ebay )

Im new here, just sold my first item.  So i don't know if that's normal.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: I just dropped off the package at USPS but they didn't give me a receipt ,it's that normal?

Yes, it's normal when you don't pay for postage at the retail counter. The first scan probably will occur at the sorting center before the package is put on a truck to the airport. It might occur earlier as packages are dispatched from the PO at the end of the day. Some PO's do hand-scan packages when a clerk has time between retail customers.

~~C~~
My Glass Duchess
Quoting Mom: In polite society, "hey" is for horses.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: I just dropped off the package at USPS but they didn't give me a receipt ,it's that normal?

quite a while ago i was getting late or no tracking scans from usps when leaving packages on their counter. since then, when i take packages to the p.o. i stand on line & ask for a reciept for ea. package. no problems since that time.    GOOD LUCK!

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

not all post offices care to much to give you a receipt.

mostly due to the down sizing they are doing.

just check the tracking number.

one fo the small post offices i stop at does the same thing.

never had any problems.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Yes, it's normal when you don't pay for postage at the retail counter. The first scan probably will occur at the sorting center before the package is put on a truck to the airport. It might occur earlier as packages are dispatched from the PO at the end of the day. Some PO's do hand-scan packages when a clerk has time between retail customers.

~~C~~
My Glass Duchess
Quoting Mom: In polite society, "hey" is for horses.
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

thank you so much 🙂
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

thank you guys so much 🙂
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

thank you so much 🙂

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

thank u so much 🙂

Message 8 of 8
latest reply