cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have sold a book on EBAY using Media Mail but the option is grayed out.

I'm not giving the option for media mail. I'm selling the book for $3.50 using Media Mail. Seller as selected Media Mail.  The option I have is USPS Priority Mail. I will lose $7.00 if i pick to sell my books on EBAY. Can I just shut down all my selling on EBAY?  I have over 1500 books up for sale. EBAY WHAT THE HELL!

Jeff

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: I have sold a book on EBAY using Media Mail but the option is grayed out.

@kcchiefs1960 wrote:

I'm not giving the option for media mail. I'm selling the book for $3.50 using Media Mail. Seller as selected Media Mail.  The option I have is USPS Priority Mail. I will lose $7.00 if i pick to sell my books on EBAY. Can I just shut down all my selling on EBAY?  I have over 1500 books up for sale. EBAY WHAT THE HELL!

Jeff

Go to PayPal to print labels until eBay gets this corrected, or if practical take it to the Post Office. Price is the same for MM at PO as online

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

I also am trying to print a Media Rate label. That option is grayed out with the message that I cannot send my package media rate because it does not fit the category. It is a book and the buyer chose Media Rate. The option automatically selected for me is First Class which is more expensive than Media Rate. I tried to go to my PayPal account to print the label as another writer suggested but I am not sure how to do it. I have never printed a label that way before. 

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Just be sure to add the tracking number to your order.

evry1nositswindy  •  seller since 2013
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Used that link, but the form wouldn't let me choose media mail.  For some reason it seemed to be 'stuck'  on $13.75 for priority.  I kept choosing USPS, but I never got any shipping choices.  My 40 page book was listed under Books & Magazines - Books  (the only choice I had on eBay when I listed).  The grayed out option stated that my listing did not qualify for media mail.  I think the problem is this new category for "Books & Magazines".  I think eBay needs to fix this glitch as any book over 8 pages IS eligible for USPS media mail.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

I called eBay and the representative said there does seem to be a  problem with printing media rate labels. He suggested I try printing the label again tomorrow. He reported my problem so that eBay can work to get the problem taken care of.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

@buyselljack2016 wrote:

@kcchiefs1960 wrote:

Jeff

Go to PayPal to print labels until eBay gets this corrected, or if practical take it to the Post Office. Price is the same for MM at PO as online

Thank you for the info.

Since eBay has split from Paypal (as of today) can Buyers still pay with Paypal?

And, I assume that if you want to buy & print postage from Paypal to ship eBay items that none of the eBay info (item name, number, sale price, shipping price, Buyer's address, etc.) will be present and you'll basically have to make your shipping label from scratch and then send the Buyer tracking info and such via e-mail? Is that correct?

(I'm so confused.)

~
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

I spoke with customer service twice today.  The first time was around 2pm EST and the rep told me they would have the glitch fixed within 24 hours.  By the time I spoke with them again at 7pm EST, the ETA on getting it fixed was 72 hours.  The second rep told me it was a site wide issue with Media Mail and advised me to use an alternative shipping method.  She was emphatic is was an issue on the eBay side, not the USPS side and they were aware and working on it.  

If you're a bookseller, buckle up.  Looks like a rough ride with their "improvements".

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

@capt.steel  Yes, buyers can still pay by Paypal as well as other online methods. Ebay and PP have been split for several years, by the way. It doesn't affect sellers in MP.

You need to add the tracking number into your order's shipping info on ebay. It can be done after a label is purchased wherever (I sometimes use Shippo). That way it's on the record. Good luck~

Message 10 of 10
latest reply