cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I bought from seller "iaql6422"

It was  smallest-2-4-Android-6-0-Unlocked-smartphone.

When the item arrived it was actually quite good. Has a great camera. Holds lots of apps and has good touch screen response. But, the strange thing is that there was absoutely no way to open this cell phone. It was built to be sealed shut. I had to contact the seller to find out how I put in a SD card. It turned out that there was a small "Key" in the package for opening a very small thin "door" on the side of the phone, but the key was made of very flimsy tin and it was not strong enough to open the side of the phone and key broke. I eventually opened the little door with a paper clip. It was hard to do  and it takes a good amount of figuring out how to do it.  I did eventually decide to send it back but not simply because of the fact that the phone cannot be opened and it has a hard-to-open SD slot.

I still might have kept the item if  it had an earphone/headphone jack. The phone had no such thing and it was so strange. I have tried different cell phones of different brands from different companies and sellers and I never saw an Android cell phone without an earphone/headhone jack. I need to be able to listen to the audio using an earphone or headphone.

The seller was quite responsive to my complaints and said s/he would take the item back but that I have to send it back myself , no pre-paid label.  The seller did however provide a very long  return address. I wonder if the package will actually get  back to the seller.  (If not, I will have to post here).

I had to sign a special form at the Post office because the item was being sent back from the US to China.  The customer service person at the post office (herself who appeared to be Chinese and spoke with a storng accent) told me that I should avoid buying items from the internet because a lot of companies that sell over the internet are from China and other countries, and it costs more to send an item back than to keep it or give it away or throw it away. She said that she sees lots of people who have to send things back to another country. I told her that she was right  and yet I have found a lot of good bargains over the internet from legitimate companies and sellers, so I will continue to buy over the internet but I will have to try harder and find out about which companies are selling from overseas.

She said that it was especially bad to buy clothes from other countries because other countries have different sizing standards and what is  medium in the US is extra small in China and other countries.

Ebay has to do a better job of helping their customers contact sellers as well as write reviews and post  comments and complaints.

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Re: I bought from seller "iaql6422"

Did you knowingly buy the item from China. That is, was the item location specified in the listing as China or the U.S.?

If the item location was U.S., then you are not required to send an item to China, even if the seller is registered there.

In the future, read the description, view the photos and -- most important -- read the seller's Feedback page. That's YOUR job before buying. The necessary information is all there. Realize that eBay is an international selling platform; all sellers are identified by country of registration. Some non-U.S. sellers may employ a drop-shipper or distribution facility within the U.S., but most ship directly from their home country. Chinese sellers routinely claim a U.S. presence when there is none.

Personally, I limit international buying to Canada, the UK, Australia, New Zealand, parts of Western Europe and Japan. If I really want Chinese-made goods, I can find plenty in any local dollar store or other "big box" retail store.

~~C~~

My Glass Duchess
Quoting Mom: In polite society, "hey" is for horses.
Message 2 of 2
latest reply