cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am the victim of fraudulent return, how to contact ebay high level management

Someone from NYC bought some high value apple product from me, after he got it, he sneaky mailed an empty envelope to my town without attention, after the mail was delivered, he filed return request, then after 3 days, he uploaded a tracking number,  then the system was triggered to deduct fund from my account.

I went to post office and got the detailed package information, which is an less than 1 OZ package to a local convenience store in our town.  I let the local post manager printed the detail and uploaded the file.

but right now, the appeal keeps denying my case

so I think the higher level attention is needed to review some situation like this to make the policy change.

Message from Ebay

I understand you uploaded some information for us, however we are unable to contact USPS as they will not communicate with us about this package since we are neither the sender or the recipient. After further review, since we show that the item was delivered on the 26th and we were asked to step in on the 31st, we will be maintaining our decision on this claim and denying the appeal.

I hope that this information is clear to you. I apologize if you are unsatisfied with our decision but we have done our very best due to the circumstances. I would recommend in the future to reach out to us first to discuss possible outcomes before escalating the claim as it may not end as expected. Thank you for your time..

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: I am the victim of fraudulent return, how to contact ebay high level management

I hate to say it, but you are probably screwed. Filing a police report, IC3 report, and a mail fraud report through USPS would be a good start.
Message 2 of 19
latest reply

Re: I am the victim of fraudulent return, how to contact ebay high level management

ebay needs to require buyers to file a return request prior to shipping the item back for a refund.

Message 3 of 19
latest reply

I am the victim of fraudulent return, how to contact ebay high level management

eBay upper management is well aware that buyers are doing this to sellers, and it is pretty clear that they do not care. 

Message 4 of 19
latest reply

Here is the address to the corporate headquarters:

eBay Headquarters

2025 Hamilton Avenue
San Jose, California 95125
USA

Very sorry this happened to you. It does sound as if a human being reviewed your appeal and was unable to verify the uploaded document information.

But honestly I don’t know if there is anything you could have done differently to have secured a better outcome. Ebay generally favors the buyer’s interest. Sellers are pretty much at the mercy of fraudulent SNADs.

Message 5 of 19
latest reply

@1899mart 

Go to USPS & ask the PostMaster to run an INTRANET REPORT on that Tracking Number... Get ALL that info. & then file a MAIL FRAUD complaint. Attach the COPY of your LISTING, the PayPal Payment, both pages of Buyer Info., and the LABEL you PRINTED to ship, showing WEIGHT. Before you go, contact Buyer & ask if he accidentally returned an empty envelope instead of your product. WAIT 48 hours. Then, advise buyer you will be doing a Trace  on the Shipment he mailed, and will be filing Mail Fraud, as well as notifying eBay & PayPal & his local Police Dept. SCREENSHOT any communication you get from the buyer. ADD THAT to any Cases or Appeals you file. Evidence & PROOF is important. The USPS can tell you if it was a pkg or an envelope. They can find out the size/weight as well. Good Luck.

Making my list...checkin' it twice... 'gonna find out, who's naughty or nice...
Message 6 of 19
latest reply

Thanks, I got the detail from the local postmaster, then I knew the detail of the package, so I appealed the case on ebay, but failed, ebay keeps saying delivered, mail fraud is to court? 

Message 7 of 19
latest reply

@1899mart wrote:

Thanks, I got the detail from the local postmaster, then I knew the detail of the package, so I appealed the case on ebay, but failed, ebay keeps saying delivered, mail fraud is to court? 

I believe eBay is advising you to take the buyer to Small Claims court. Ebay accepts the package’s return tracking showing “delivered” as being the last word as far as they are concerned in this matter.

Message 8 of 19
latest reply

@1899mart wrote:

he filed return request, then after 3 days, he uploaded a tracking number,  then the system was triggered to deduct fund from my account.

What happened, @1899mart?

1. Buyer starts a return request

2. Seller has 3 business days to Accept and issue a return label

- Did you Accept and label, not knowing the buyer already "returned"?

3. Or did you Ask eBay to step in it

- eBay forces a return label, but the buyer provides the "returned" tracking?

Was that what happened?

Message 9 of 19
latest reply

on Dec. 20th,  I sent package to buyer

on Dec. 23rd, package was delivered  (afternoon)

on Dec. 23rd, buyer sent a package out to my town without noticing anyone (he even does not know where the package should go back)

on Dec. 26th, buyer filed return request saying that I did not sent him the correct items

then I uploaded my pictures, I have all details on file since he bought several airpods pro

on Dec. 29th, he suddenly input the tracking number before ebay generates label, and the tracking shows that the package was delivered on Dec. 26th.

on Dec. 30th, I went to post office to see what's that with the tracking, postmaster printed the file for me, which was set to 7-11 store withe less than 1oz package.

on Dec. 30th, he open case and ebay refunded him since tracking shows delivered

on Dec. 31th, I tried appeal, then ebay says it is too late since package was delivered on Dec. 26th.

perfect scam scheme.

Message 10 of 19
latest reply

@1899mart wrote:

on Dec. 23rd, package was delivered  (afternoon)

on Dec. 23rd, buyer sent a package out to my town

on Dec. 26th, buyer filed return request saying that I did not sent him the correct items

on Dec. 29th, he suddenly input the tracking number before ebay generates label, and the tracking shows that the package was delivered on Dec. 26th.

on Dec. 30th, he open case and ebay refunded him since tracking shows delivered

You have Free Returns, so eBay issued the return label immediately when the return request was opened on Dec 26.

eBay even improved returns by making it impossible for your buyer to provide its own return label:

- eBay pre-enters the tracking number from the eBay return label, and

- there's no option anymore to Add Tracking* the buyer's own tracking number.

eBay return request Ship now to get your refund.jpg

Your buyer carefully waited until you had "received" the return on Dec 26 for more than the 2 business you're allowed to

1. delay the refund in order to unpack and examine the return,

2. report a defective or wrong item returned, and

3. withhold up to 50% of the refund.

eBay return request Buyer returned the wrong item.jpg

And since you had "violated" the 2 days, your buyer could escalate the return request to

1. prove that you already had had the return since Dec 26,

2. deny you reporting and withholding 50%, and

3. have eBay force an immediate refund.

*Previously, a buyer could either Print the eBay label or Add its own label:https://u.cubeupload.com/ZpiksA.jpg

Message 11 of 19
latest reply

actually  

I am a concierge member of seller,  I deal a lot.

you need to file return request before you send item back, not you first sell item out (you even do not know where to send before you get request)

it is so obvious scam, then ebay system can not find.

Message 12 of 19
latest reply

@1899mart wrote:

Someone from NYC bought some high value apple product from me, after he got it, he sneaky mailed an empty envelope to my town without attention, after the mail was delivered, he filed return request, then after 3 days, he uploaded a tracking number,  then the system was triggered to deduct fund from my account.

I went to post office and got the detailed package information, which is an less than 1 OZ package to a local convenience store in our town.  I let the local post manager printed the detail and uploaded the file.

but right now, the appeal keeps denying my case

so I think the higher level attention is needed to review some situation like this to make the policy change.

Message from Ebay

I understand you uploaded some information for us, however we are unable to contact USPS as they will not communicate with us about this package since we are neither the sender or the recipient. After further review, since we show that the item was delivered on the 26th and we were asked to step in on the 31st, we will be maintaining our decision on this claim and denying the appeal.

I hope that this information is clear to you. I apologize if you are unsatisfied with our decision but we have done our very best due to the circumstances. I would recommend in the future to reach out to us first to discuss possible outcomes before escalating the claim as it may not end as expected. Thank you for your time..

@1899mart  I am sorry this is happening to you.  We went through a very similar scenario with a repeat scammer last year who was using guest accounts to circumvent our block list, filing false SNAD claims, and then providing falsified tracking numbers for the returns just like yours where the tracking showed "delivered" to somewhere in our zip code, but it wasn't to us.

It was a major ordeal that spanned almost 9 months, so the thread I started on it got very long, but if you want to read the details, here's the link. https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Targeted-By-Malicious-Buyer-False-Returns/td-p/29512410

Was the information you got from the Post Master on official USPS letterhead? When we went through this, I was told that if we had a letter on official letterhead stating that the package was not delivered to *insert your registered eBay return address here*, that would be enough documentation to satisfy eBay.

@Anonymous  Can you assist this seller please?

Message 13 of 19
latest reply

Thanks for your detailed information, I called ebay and talked to the manager,  although they admit that this is suspect of fraud,  ebay just does not want to cover, does not want to use their money,  saying that I have to take it as business loss, then what should I say?

go to NYC to sue the person?

Message 14 of 19
latest reply

@1899mart wrote:

Thanks for your detailed information, I called ebay and talked to the manager,  although they admit that this is suspect of fraud,  ebay just does not want to cover, does not want to use their money,  saying that I have to take it as business loss, then what should I say?

go to NYC to sue the person?

Perhaps a policy has changed.  But just last year, eBay employees on this forum have clearly stated that a letter on official letterhead from the USPS stating that the item was not properly returned (returned to the wrong address) is all that is needed to overturn the initial decision.

A poster above has tagged trinton (an eBay employee) to come into this thread and clarify, so I would await their comments.

Message 15 of 19
latest reply